ADVERTISEMENT

Who has impressed you thus far?

I have two choices from Class 4 in the Metro Richmond area:

Senior quarterback Syour Fldd led the Monacan Chiefs to victory last Saturday night over highly ranked Class 6 Manchester. Fludd passed for 209 (2 tds.), rushed for 130, returned a fumble for a 60 yard touchdown a played lights out coverage on defense. I saw this live and in person. This young man put on a show.

First year starter K'ymon Pope, quarterback for Dinwiddie led his team to victory over a very talented Salem Spartans team. Pop threw for 196 (1 td) and rushed for 196 (2 tds.). He has thrown for 388 yards (3 td's and 2 ints) and rushed for 260 (3 tds.) in three games. Not to shabby for a rookie qb.

Kevin Jarrell from Monticello is impressing right now. Through 3 games he has rushed for 515 yards on 46 attempts (11.2 avg) with 13 rushing TDs
He is also 20 of 33 for 480 yds (60.6% completion) with 3 passing TDs.

Still early in the season but a good start for him and the rest of the Mustangs offense!

Sherando running back TJ Washington 960 yards of total Offense in 4 games. 429 rushing, 198 receiving, 218 on punt returns, 115 on 2 kick returns.
Also, Hunter Entsminger QB 34-47 816 yards passing 72.3 completion percentage with 10 Td's.

Have you seen the way Ramsey holds the ball?

One game does not a career make and he's been good for like almost 12 a carry on his career. Frankly, holding him out on the off chance he might fumble is stupid at best. He carried the ball like a loaf of bread a couple times against NS too but he was also by leaps and bounds the most motivated and talented player on the field and, guess what, he didn't fumble.

You don't bench RBs on the off chance they may fumble, you cross that bridge when you come to it. Exactly the same reason you don't ignore your passing game because your QB might throw INTs.

The argument might (MIGHT) have a basis if Ramsey was playing two ways. As it is Salem's best player stays on the sideline for 85% of the game and that's stupid. Before the Dinwiddie game he was no more a fumble machine than any other RB I can think of (and by the way, Salem's had plenty of regular RBs put the ball on the ground) and now what, everyone's supposed to be scared it'll be a repeat?

I'm not here to tell you he doesn't carry the ball poorly but why pack up your bags and go home just because it might happen not because it did happen? It's like the weather. Do you believe your weatherman because he has a guess or do you just plan for the weather and then face it when it actually appears?

Reactions: salemfan32
One game does not a career make and he's been good for like almost 12 a carry on his career. Frankly, holding him out on the off chance he might fumble is stupid at best. He carried the ball like a loaf of bread a couple times against NS too but he was also by leaps and bounds the most motivated and talented player on the field and, guess what, he didn't fumble.

You don't bench RBs on the off chance they may fumble, you cross that bridge when you come to it. Exactly the same reason you don't ignore your passing game because your QB might throw INTs.

The argument might (MIGHT) have a basis if Ramsey was playing two ways. As it is Salem's best player stays on the sideline for 85% of the game and that's stupid. Before the Dinwiddie game he was no more a fumble machine than any other RB I can think of (and by the way, Salem's had plenty of regular RBs put the ball on the ground) and now what, everyone's supposed to be scared it'll be a repeat?

I'm not here to tell you he doesn't carry the ball poorly but why pack up your bags and go home just because it might happen not because it did happen? It's like the weather. Do you believe your weatherman because he has a guess or do you just plan for the weather and then face it when it actually appears?

Does this have anything to do with whatever the issues were in past?

Does this have anything to do with whatever the issues were in past?

It's possible he's in the dog house but I doubt it. I think when Mags let him re-join he told him no more chances so if there's a discipline issue I think he'd be gone.

My only other guess is Mags is maybe trying to hold onto him for the POs and ride him into the ground then if necessary but with him not playing D I just don't see it. Northside could not tackle this kid. I mean flat out could not bring him down at the point of contact and without multiple tacklers and they just gave him a carry here or there each series.

Here's my thing: if you give him 15-20 carries a game I think you will get about 175-250 yards and probably 2 maybe 3 TDs in return, kids would get exhausted trying to tackle him for a full game believe me, he's like the angriest runner I've ever seen personally in HS, he's just mean. I would trade a fumble for that literally every game and I'm not even saying he fumbles like that. I'm not arguing those fumbles didn't kill Salem but before that game he was your normal fumble risk for a HS RB, it wasn't like Dinwiddie hammered home his legacy as Mr. Fumble. He didn't turn the ball over any more than anyone else really, that was just a bad game but he's run his tail off the last two weeks, I just don't know why you leave that motivation on the sideline to rot.

It's possible he's in the dog house but I doubt it. I think when Mags let him re-join he told him no more chances so if there's a discipline issue I think he'd be gone.

My only other guess is Mags is maybe trying to hold onto him for the POs and ride him into the ground then if necessary but with him not playing D I just don't see it. Northside could not tackle this kid. I mean flat out could not bring him down at the point of contact and without multiple tacklers and they just gave him a carry here or there each series.

Here's my thing: if you give him 15-20 carries a game I think you will get about 175-250 yards and probably 2 maybe 3 TDs in return, kids would get exhausted trying to tackle him for a full game believe me, he's like the angriest runner I've ever seen personally in HS, he's just mean. I would trade a fumble for that literally every game and I'm not even saying he fumbles like that. I'm not arguing those fumbles didn't kill Salem but before that game he was your normal fumble risk for a HS RB, it wasn't like Dinwiddie hammered home his legacy as Mr. Fumble. He didn't turn the ball over any more than anyone else really, that was just a bad game but he's run his tail off the last two weeks, I just don't know why you leave that motivation on the sideline to rot.

Was he getting more carries before the "fumble" game? I have a lot of respect for the Salem program and have been a long time. I have even seen them play, and of course been there for championship game. When I am getting scores to give announcer on Friday night's, I look theirs up for myself. I dont know the situation, don't know past situation, don't care to know, but I think from everything I have heard that coaches would do what they feel is best, so there must be some reason

Nope, he had 9 against Franklin County, 12 against Dinwiddie, 11 against Northside.

Over 400 yards on just 32 carries like what part of that makes people go "eh, don't use him much".

Reactions: 1Gensfan

175-250? Not against Sherando D

Gotta be a reason. Not being done for no reason

It'll seem like blasphemy but Salem coaches make mistakes. They play the wrong players, they make the wrong calls, they just do it less than a lot of other staffs.

Someone in the recent past I think had to sit down with Mags and teach him that you get 3 timeouts per half not just the entire game because his TO management was ATROCIOUS. It's improved but there were times when dozens and dozens of fans were having to scream about TOs literally every home game because he either never used them or used them so poorly they borderline didn't matter.

I think they have a plan of what they want to do on offense and they're incredibly stubborn about it. Now, they have a lot of success so you can't blame them but the very best people at any job are the ones who have as much flexibility as a proven winner as they would a sure loser. You can sit around and look at many recent, well-known college coaches and see this stubborn nature catching up to them eventually. I'm sure they could have pounded the ball inside all night on Northside and still won because Salem was simply a better team but regardless of the RB every time they went outside they'd clean up 15 yards if it was 1 so why not go with the flow and rush outside to open up the inside if you're hell-bent on doing so?

Reactions: panther308
I think you both have great points and are correct to some degree. Without getting into it we all know there have been issues. Coach Mags may be sending him a message by saying no one is bigger than the team. Dont think for a second he will not run him like Riggins when the time comes.
Besides he and Luke Owen are a good one -two punch.

It'll seem like blasphemy but Salem coaches make mistakes. They play the wrong players, they make the wrong calls, they just do it less than a lot of other staffs.

Someone in the recent past I think had to sit down with Mags and teach him that you get 3 timeouts per half not just the entire game because his TO management was ATROCIOUS. It's improved but there were times when dozens and dozens of fans were having to scream about TOs literally every home game because he either never used them or used them so poorly they borderline didn't matter.

Not saying they don't make mistakes. Bill B. Makes mistakes. But there is always a reason why he or anyone else did something, whether right or wrong, fact or opinion

Sherando running back TJ Washington 960 yards of total Offense in 4 games. 429 rushing, 198 receiving, 218 on punt returns, 115 on 2 kick returns.
Also, Hunter Entsminger QB 34-47 816 yards passing 72.3 completion percentage with 10 Td's.
Didn't Sherando have a stud LB named Entsminger a few years ago?

Didn't Sherando have a stud LB named Entsminger a few years ago?
He was there qb and safety in 2013. Good player. I believe he is playing D-II football at Shepherd. His brother is the current qb. Honestly, I believe the younger Entsminger is a better qb. He throws a beautiful ball. Hamspear can add more.

Reactions: VolNation85
175-250? Not against Sherando D
Not sure he even said that would happen against Sherando but he went for close to 200 on 12 carries against Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie didn't have Pope but I would still be willing to bet that they are better defensively than Sherando without him.

Not sure he even said that would happen against Sherando but he went for close to 200 on 12 carries against Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie didn't have Pope but I would still be willing to bet that they are better defensively than Sherando without him.
That's a lot of yards against the number one team in the state.
He was there qb and safety in 2013. Good player. I believe he is playing D-II football at Shepherd. His brother is the current qb. Honestly, I believe the younger Entsminger is a better qb. He throws a beautiful ball. Hamspear can add more.
actually the older brother is just playing baseball at Shepherd now , was a dual sport athlete , decided to focus on one sport . The current QB at Sherando is probably more at his natural position than the older brother was when he played . Hunter has a extremely accurate arm, and makes great decisions with the ball. He runs very well also.

Now that you mention it... Why on earth is he not playing linebacker? At least on 3rd downs or something.

That's a lot of yards against the number one team in the state.

actually the older brother is just playing baseball at Shepherd now , was a dual sport athlete , decided to focus on one sport . The current QB at Sherando is probably more at his natural position than the older brother was when he played . Hunter has a extremely accurate arm, and makes great decisions with the ball. He runs very well also.
Now that I think of it, I remember his name from baseball more than football. Did Sherando's baseball team play in the state tournament at LU when Hunter was in school?

Frank Ross of Amherst - a Junior
  • 703 Total Rushing Yards
    • 9.5 average Rushing Yards
      • 74 Carries
        • 234.3 Rushing Yards Per Game
          7 Rushing Touchdowns
      • 363 Total Yards Rushing against GW

5 touchdowns last night for over 300 yards, broke 1,000 yards for the season so far

1.The only reason I am sharing this is because his hudl is public anyways so its not giving anyone any information that cant be found if searched.

2.The guys is underated because of his size...Small or not still one of the best players in the state....agree or disagree?

Saw him play against Lafayette in the playoffs down here and was simply super impressed with his ability and performance.

Reactions: FridayNightLights60
ADVERTISEMENT