ADVERTISEMENT

Who has the best Special Team Units in Class 4

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Most of us who post regularly know about the star players in class 4, but how many can name the top special teams players and game changers. Sure we know about Beck/Terry at Blacksburg, and D'ago Hunter at Eastern View, but who else could be a special teams game changer in the class 4 playoffs? Let us in on these hidden gems.

Dinwiddie:
I will start with Todd Anspach, kicker/punter. He is 55/55 on pats, 8/9 on fg's, has 24 kicks for touchbacks and averages 36 yards per punt with 10 of 20 downed inside of the 20. Jasiah Williams is averaging 54.4 yards per kick return with two td's and 18.5 yards per punt return.

Most of us who post regularly know about the star players in class 4, but how many can name the top special teams players and game changers. Sure we know about Beck/Terry at Blacksburg, and D'ago Hunter at Eastern View. Who else could be a special teams game changer in the class 4 playoffs? Let us in on these hidden gems.

Dinwiddie:
I will start with Todd Anspach, kicker/punter. He is 55/55 on pats, 8/9 on fg's, has 24 kicks for touchbacks and averages 36 yards per punt with 10 of 20 downed inside of the 20. Jasiah Williams is averaging 54.4 yards per kick return with two td's and 18.5 yards per punt return.
As you've mentioned Nate Craft is a game changer from punts, kickoffs, XP, & FG. I don't know his stats, but he's a D1 kicker. Before his injury, Luke Owen was a weapon on special teams, as well as on offense and defense.

Camden Wise of Blacksburg is also a special teams weapon. He also plays at DB and WR occasionally.

Don’t know about best but my GW Danville boys are darn good. Our kicker Mr. Jerry Horng had a 40 yard game winner over JF. That’s what I call ice in your veins. Weber Harris is a heck of a return man, maybe top 3 west of Richmond...Plus Weber kicks and is darn good at it :eek:;)

Reactions: BleedingNavy
As you've mentioned Nate Craft is a game changer from punts, kickoffs, XP, & FG. I don't know his stats, but he's a D1 kicker. Before his injury, Luke Owen was a weapon on special teams, as well as on offense and defense.

Camden Wise of Blacksburg is also a special teams weapon. He also plays at DB and WR occasionally.

I hear you Mike. Both of those two guys can thump the ball and you already know how much I respect Owens ability. Getting Salem stats is like breaking into Fort Knox. I have to research the local paper and assume they are correct to do my research. Blacksburg used to post their stats, but now they are gone as well. I don't get it. What's the darn secret? I respect Coach Mills for putting our stats out there for all to see.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
The Marion kicker is 29-33 on fgs? Holy cow, am I reading this correct or is it a misprint.

Shocked Wise a James Madison commit has 3 pat misses and 3 fg misses. Did he miss from long range on fg's? Not being critical just surprised. Thanks for the link. Good luck to the Bruins.

Our kicker Luke Walls is very good and he will lay the wood tackling too..

Is a blocked PAT/FG considered a miss? I know it is.

That's unfortunate, because that's something the kicker can't control, more or less. He can kick low, or slow to the ball. But what the hell is he supposed to do if the line lets him down?

Reactions: cb2018
The Marion kicker is 29-33 on fgs? Holy cow, am I reading this correct or is it a misprint.

Shocked Wise a James Madison commit has 3 pat misses and 3 fg misses. Did he miss from long range on fg's? Not being critical just surprised. Thanks for the link. Good luck to the Bruins.
Misprint if you look at his pats they are the same

Thanks Panther I thought something was funny. I saw the tweet on the 60 yarder. Craft knocked the crap out of it with height.

This kid and our kicker Anspach deserve a shot somewhere. I fully understand how things work I just hope someone notices these two.

Reactions: SpartanForce
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT