ADVERTISEMENT

Who has the toughest commute?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Here are a few that I think are arduous trips. Assuming they are Friday night games. Sat takes the sting out a little.

Franklin County to Clover Hill, but traffic shouldn't be a terrible problem, just a little heavy as they get near Richmond.

Courtland to Dinwiddie, but again, assuming they get past Richmond around 4:00 or so, or take 295, it isn't a bad trip.

Northampton to Essex is a hike, as is Arcadia to Amelia. But anything from the Eastern Shore is a hike.

York to Park View in South Hill is a "bring your lunch" trip.

Thomas Walker to Grundy, but Thomas Walker to almost anybody is a looong trip!

Who else?

And the reverse, who is the closest pairing?

Without looking, I know Petersburg to Hopewell is about 15 minutes. I'm sure that there are some even closer?

Here are a few that I think are arduous trips. Assuming they are Friday night games. Sat takes the sting out a little.

Franklin County to Clover Hill, but traffic shouldn't be a terrible problem, just a little heavy as they get near Richmond.

Courtland to Dinwiddie, but again, assuming they get past Richmond around 4:00 or so, or take 295, it isn't a bad trip.

Northampton to Essex is a hike, as is Arcadia to Amelia. But anything from the Eastern Shore is a hike.

Who else?

Without looking, I know Petersburg to Hopewell is about 15 minutes. I'm sure that there are some even closer?
Armstrong to Culpeper
John Marshall to Brentsville

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Poor Halifax. They always have a haul. Do they drop to C4 next cycle?

Last edited:

Who else?

There are numerous in Richmond less than 5 miles from each other in 5b

"York to Park View in South Hill is a "bring your lunch" trip. "

Despite Park View having the better record, York is the the #4 seed hosting #5 PV. THAT is Not a trip I'd want to make on a Friday evening.

"York to Park View in South Hill is a "bring your lunch" trip. "

Despite Park View having the better record, York is the the #4 seed hosting #5 PV. THAT is Not a trip I'd want to make on a Friday evening.
Ditto that!!! That’s long enough with traffic for a forfeit! (Just kidding).

Some trips are longer, but that Northampton-->Essex trip is brutal with the two bridges and potential traffic in the Hampton Roads area. A lot of the teams with the longest trips are likely to get running clocked, so they'll be able to get a head start home...

All of the trips in region 6C are less than 10 miles. Robinson to WT Woodson is 3.3 miles.

Somebody had a link to a map of the state with every school pinned. I think it was Spartan of Yore? That was a neat map. I wish he was around and would share that with everyone.

The weather is starting to look lousy for Friday night..., AGAIN!

One of the best, (or worst, depending on your perspective), commutes was Arcadia to Clarke County on a Friday night, a few years back. It was when many Regions did 16 teams, so #16, (Arcadia), traveled to #1, (Clarke).
Arcadia brought 7, yes 7 fans. And that is counting the bus drivers.

The Clarke fans showed a lot of class and cheered for Arcadia when they took the field. I'm sure they would have cheered them again if they had scored, or just gotten a stop or anything. Unfortunately, there was never another occasion to cheer for Arcadia.

Last edited:
One of the best, (or worst, depending on your perspective), commutes was Arcadia to Clarke County on a Friday night, a few years back. It was when many Regions did 16 teams, so #16, (Arcadia), traveled to #1, (Clarke).
Clarke brought 7, yes 7 fans. And that is counting the bus drivers.

The Clarke fans showed a lot of class and cheered for Arcadia when they took the field. I'm sure they would have cheered them again if they had scored, or just gotten a stop or anything. Unfortunately, there was never another occasion to cheer for Arcadia.
You're showing your age, old man!:D I think you got that mixed up, Arcadia brought 7 fans. I think Nandua had a rough commute coming to Clarke a few years ago too.

You're showing your age, old man!:D I think you got that mixed up, Arcadia brought 7 fans. I think Nandua had a rough commute coming to Clarke a few years ago too.
Maybe I meant YOU PERSONALLY brought 7 fans??? (I edited my post, for whatever that is worth, thank you).

When did you play Nandua? Since you played Arcadia?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT