ADVERTISEMENT

Who will win the Seminole

Dec 6, 2016
Contenders for the District:
Top Tier:
Brookville, Glass, JF
2nd Tier:
Heritage: got athletes don't let one game fool you.
Liberty: Everybody is sleeping on them because they have been down but they will win their fair share.
3rd Tier:
Rustburg: They lost to a very good Appo. team but they are much improved.
LCA: They lost to a superior GW team and are going to be a tough out.
Amherst: Starting behind the 8 ball but will improve every week and will be dangerous by seasons end.
Should be a fun season in the Seminole, and if someone comes out with a 0 in the loss column they are going to be a state favorite in 3 or 4.

I’m not sold on Liberty being second tier just yet. I would place JF in tier 2 also. I know they had a lot of injuries last year but, until they prove otherwise, I can’t put them in tier 1. IMO

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Contenders for the District:
Top Tier:
Brookville, Glass, JF
2nd Tier:
Heritage: got athletes don't let one game fool you.
Liberty: Everybody is sleeping on them because they have been down but they will win their fair share.
3rd Tier:
Rustburg: They lost to a very good Appo. team but they are much improved.
LCA: They lost to a superior GW team and are going to be a tough out.
Amherst: Starting behind the 8 ball but will improve every week and will be dangerous by seasons end.
Should be a fun season in the Seminole, and if someone comes out with a 0 in the loss column they are going to be a state favorite in 3 or 4.
Amherst tough schedule out the gate but didn’t fair well. Hopefully they will improve. Ross had a limp last night, hope he’s okay. Interesting to see how they play at home Friday

Amherst tough schedule out the gate but didn’t fair well. Hopefully they will improve. Ross had a limp last night, hope he’s okay. Interesting to see how they play at home Friday
I will put JF first because they played MV, Brookville and Glass played a weaker schedule

I will put JF first because they played MV, Brookville and Glass played a weaker schedule
Wikki feisty!! I believe JF, Glass and Brookville will all be very good and deserving of the 1st tier title. Kendrick has that Glass offense scary looking! Heritage got pushed around by GW and Northside but I believe they will be back in the thick of things when their youth starts to gel. Don’t let the GW game fool you, I’ve talked to a couple of people who say that LCA could spark an upset in the Seminole. Amherst, Rustburg and Liberty all young with good talent. If Coach lets CJ Rose loose, Amherst will be a lot better football team.

Heritage got exposed, I say their overrated currently Davis carried them last year.
Glass is solid and is picking up from last year.
JF you just can’t count out the Christmas tree with healthy talent.
Brookville Bees is always in the top of the pecking order.

The rest of the district is a toss up but I believe Liberty will be around and maybe beats heritage to be the second best 3A in the district.

The Glass/Brookville/JF matchups will determine the best team. Would not be shocked to see a tie at the top. It may come down to who plays who the following week after the hype of any of these matchups. I will say sleeper is Heritage if they fix holes in the O-line.

I think all teams will win at least 1 game butvexpect some real ugly losses until Amh, Liberty or LCA gets some more pelts on their belts.

I think it is very difficult to judge based on the OOD schedule of each team. Brookville and Liberty both looked really good, but have only played one game each. Glass has looked explosive on both sides of the ball. Heritage looked fantastic week one, and week two might have been because Northside is really good. JF defense looks to be improved, and winning in Magna Vista is impressive. The GW game is going to be the game that everyone is wanting to see. Amherst has played two teams that are at the top of D4. They will improve as the season moves forward. LCA and Rustburg have both played teams that are either really, really good or not very good so it is very tough to see where they stack up. I was at the Rustburg game Friday and still think they have a lot of issues, the biggest is depth which eats them up in the second half. They are definitely a year or so away from competing in the district week to week and will probably struggle to win a game once district play starts.

Would y’all agree it is the most competitive 4A district?
I would say that it is the most competitive in general. Other than JF and Glass, the 4A teams in the Seminole are down this year (LCA and Amherst). The 3A teams in the district make it very competitive as well, mainly Brookville and Heritage.

It is probably one of the most competitive districts across all classifications. The Dogwood, Potomac, and Commonwealth districts are all very strong as well.

I know that is currently true and even crazier is that a few teams previously who were Seminole teams also are state champions (Altavista, WC) not too long ago. That district has a great history of high quality football.

I know that is currently true and even crazier is that a few teams previously who were Seminole teams also are state champions (Altavista, WC) not too long ago. That district has a great history of high quality football.
That's true! Appomattox was in the Seminole for the 2005 and 2006 seasons as well!

Last edited:
After this week the Seminole will be the talk. It’s so many big games coming up.

Week one in Seminole District play:
1. EC Glass vs. Heritage - enough said
2. Liberty vs Jefferson Forest - "Bedford County championship"
3. Amherst vs. Brookville - Rivalry game with the the 2 best fanbases in the Seminole
4. LCA vs. Rustburg - This game should be competitive this year.

Week one in Seminole District play:
1. EC Glass vs. Heritage - enough said
2. Liberty vs Jefferson Forest - "Bedford County championship"
3. Amherst vs. Brookville - Rivalry game with the the 2 best fanbases in the Seminole
4. LCA vs. Rustburg - This game should be competitive this year.
Man it’s crazy to think that both JF and Liberty could both be undefeated playing each other going into week 5. Wish LCA could’ve kept Martinsburg or at least a stronger opponent than the Home School team they played. I’ve heard good things about them despite the 48-14 loss to Danville. They snuck up on everyone last year.

Man it’s crazy to think that both JF and Liberty could both be undefeated playing each other going into week 5. Wish LCA could’ve kept Martinsburg or at least a stronger opponent than the Home School team they played. I’ve heard good things about them despite the 48-14 loss to Danville. They snuck up on everyone last year.

Liberty is much improved and will give JF a game.
LCA was playing their best football at the end of the season last year. I think they could've pulled an upset if they made the playoffs. They were that good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT