ADVERTISEMENT

Who would you rank as number one for 2018?

I'd put Blacksburg in the Top 4 of Region D. I know they lose a lot of talent, but I think they'll still be pretty good. They'll lose Ramsey, Vangilder, Wise, Beck, Orndorff, Driscoll, Elliott, and Roberson to graduation, but they still have some leaders that should keep them in the running. They will return Terry, Johnston, Babcock, Epperley, Mitchell, Hudson, Coffey, and a few starters on the OL/DL. Also #81 made a lot of special teams plays and looked pretty big and did a good job.

I'd put Salem, Blacksburg, GW Danville, EC Glass, and Jefferson Forest in the top 5 of Region D, in no particular order.

Reactions: mbonape1
I'd put Blacksburg in the Top 4 of Region D. I know they lose a lot of talent, but I think they'll still be pretty good. They'll lose Ramsey, Vangilder, Wise, Beck, Orndorff, Driscoll, Elliott, and Roberson to graduation, but they still have some leaders that should keep them in the running. They will return Terry, Johnston, Babcock, Epperley, Mitchell, Hudson, Coffey, and a few starters on the OL/DL. Also #81 made a lot of special teams plays and looked pretty big and did a good job.

I'd put Salem, Blacksburg, GW Danville, EC Glass, and Jefferson Forest in the top 5 of Region D, in no particular order.

Fair assessment of Bburg. #81 Norris could be a star if he continues to grow and work. Some good athletes coming up from JV, but OL/DL are concerns.

Fair assessment of Bburg. #81 Norris could be a star if he continues to grow and work. Some good athletes coming up from JV, but OL/DL are concerns.
IIRC the Blacksburg-Salem JV game was really close, maybe 14-12 or something like that?

Reactions: cb2018
We will know about Danville early, at least in terms of how they look against Region D teams. Lots of talent return but the trenches proved to be their weak spot against Salem. Defense has to be first priority all spring/summer. The offense returns a lot but they were shut down against a superior team. Personally don’t think they’ll make any state runs until they get out of the Piedmont or at least schedule multiple state contenders from VA and NC.

Reactions: cb2018
Will Pulaski be any good next year? Kade Akers will return and I believe he’s as good as anybody in the whole region on both sides of the ball. Will he have a supporting cast?

Courtland will be very tough next season, should be best team in last 3 years since semi final loss to Lake Taylor. They will have the most talented backfield in 4A. It will come down to a very big but inexperienced offensive line. Defense will be pretty good, especially on the line and D-backs.

Courtland will be very tough next season, should be best team in last 3 years since semi final loss to Lake Taylor. They will have the most talented backfield in 4A. It will come down to a very big but inexperienced offensive line. Defense will be pretty good, especially on the line and D-backs.
I’m not buying that until they produce wins on the field. I heard similar talk last year

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
That sounds like GW and like OCBoy said, I’m not buying from either team until they beat somebody deep in November, early December.

Reactions: OCBoy
I'll take EV's backfield over Courtland's next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT