ADVERTISEMENT

Who's going to be in Bealton Friday night?

hamspear

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2009
Arrowhead stadium
My friend Hogan , probably see him, he's a Bealton guy. What about you Cowboy Todd? 86 culp grad, you coming out? OCBOY ? You going to Orange or Liberty?

Reactions: OCBoy
My friend Hogan , probably see him, he's a Bealton guy. What about you Cowboy Todd? 86 culp grad, you coming out? OCBOY ? You going to Orange or Liberty?
I'm in South Carolina for training, have been since august so I won't be able to catch any game in person until the playoffs. Plus I don't think it's going to be that close of a game I'm going sherando 34-14, 35-17 type spread

Reactions: hamspear
I'm in South Carolina for training, have been since august so I won't be able to catch any game in person until the playoffs. Plus I don't think it's going to be that close of a game I'm going sherando 34-14, 35-17 type spread

Are people sleeping on Liberty?
I understand that their schedule has been relatively unchallenging so far, but can't we say the same about Sherando's schedule as well?
Both teams have handled their business so far. I'm curious to see if it'll be a lopsided game in favor of Sherando like most people are prognosticating so far.

I'm thinking Sherando wins just going off of what I saw last year from both teams. Like people say...hard to tell how good they are from the competition they've played so far. I'll probably check out EV/Courtland. I would've thought Courtland would be better this year than last year....but it appears that's not the case.

I understand that their schedule has been relatively unchallenging so far, but can't we say the same about Sherando's schedule as well?
Both teams have handled their business so far. I'm curious to see if it'll be a lopsided game in favor of Sherando like most people are prognosticating so far.
As I have said in other posts , I think it's going to be a good competitive game. Lots of teams havnt played a top ten team yet , and we didn't play Liberty last year . So havnt seen them in the last couple of years. Guess we will see what happens

Sherando is gonna roll. I"m predicting starters will be out of the game by the end of the 3rd quarter. Liberty is a lot weaker than people think.

Reactions: OCBoy
I'm helping coach my younger son's fall baseball team this year and practices are on Friday nights! I haven't been able to see a lot of the Eagles this year but I might be able to make the 2nd half for this one. Liberty has some solid players and I think they will put up a fight. I know nothing about Sherando this year outside of their scores so far. Hopefully it will be a good game.

Reactions: hamspear
I aree Liberty's opponents combined records are 0-20. Sherando's I believe is 3-14. I want to know why people think Liberty is so good in the first place? I look for Liberty to go 8-2 or 7-3 on the season.

From what I've read, it seems the consensus is Liberty (Bealeton) is a solid team this year but that Sherando is better. The Eagles have some decent skill positions and solid lines. QB play is below average. Anyone picking an upset?

Sherando at Liberty

When: Today, 7 p.m.

Where: Liberty High School in Bealeton.

Records: Sherando Warriors (4-0, 1-0 Class 4 Northwestern District); Liberty Eagles (4-0, 0-0).

Last week: Sherando beat Loudoun Valley 50-20; Liberty beat Chancellor 41-0.

Last year: Did not play.

Players to watch: Sherando — RB/CB T.J. Washington, QB Hunter Entsminger, WR/S Aaron Banks, LB/HB Mike Perry, LB/RB JoJo Doleman. Liberty — RB/DB Markael Gaskins, RB Lester Parker, QB Jacob Chinault, LB Jake Waldo, OG/DT Julian Sams.

Preview: Though Liberty is competing in the Northwestern District for the first time since 2006, Sherando and the Eagles played every year in the regular season from 2009-14. From 2012-14, the two squads met every year in the playoffs, too. The Warriors went 1-2 in the playoffs and 2-1 in the regular season against Liberty during that three-year stretch.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if this winds up being the first of their two meetings this year, too. Sherando (5-5 last year) is unbeaten after four games for the first time since starting 7-0 in 2015, and Liberty (4-6 last year) is 4-0 for the first time since 2014.

This figures to be the toughest test so far for both teams. Led by sixth-year head coach Sean Finnerty, the Eagles have outscored their opponents (combined record of 0-15) 143-25, while Sherando has outscored its opponents (combined record of 3-12) 233-47.

“We’ve always had a good rivalry with those guys, just because they’re well-coached, and we always give each other a really good ball game,” said Sherando coach Bill Hall, now in his 15th year. “We expect the same thing this year. They do a good job, they play hard, and they believe in what they’re doing, and that’s always a recipe for success. We’re going to have to play a good ballgame.”

On offense, Liberty averages 328 yards per game. Hall said the Eagles will show multiple offensive looks, but the main thing is Liberty wants to run the ball behind its sizeable offensive line.

Led by Markael Gaskins (38 carries for 402 yards, six touchdowns) and Lester Parker (51 carries for 287 yards, seven TDs), the Eagles average 227 rushing ypg. Each of their starting offensive linemen is at least 6 feet tall. Led by Old Dominion commit and guard Julian Sams (6-4, 305), each of their tackles and guards weigh between 275 and 305 pounds.

Last year’s starting quarterback, Raymond Morton, has yet to play after being injured in the preseason. Jacob Chinault has completed 27 of 50 passes for 328 yards and four TDs but has thrown six interceptions.

“We’ve got to do a good job on the line of scrimmage, and take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves,” Hall said. “Turnover ratio is a key to success.”

Liberty has forced 11 turnovers in the last two weeks. Hall said the Eagles are a 4-2-5 defense.

“There’s some flexibility there, so we’ll have to do a good job in terms of identifying coverages and things like that when they drop their weak safety down to the box to get a eight-man front,” Hall said. “They do a good job of mixing things up. They’re big on the defensive front too, and athletic on the back end.”

— Compiled by Robert Niedzwiecki

From what I've read, it seems the consensus is Liberty (Bealeton) is a solid team this year but that Sherando is better. The Eagles have some decent skill positions and solid lines. QB play is below average. Anyone picking an upset?
So I guess you ca win against a quality team with a below average Qb in 4a huh Todd?

Reactions: Sirduke5
So I guess you ca win against a quality team with a below average Qb in 4a huh Todd?
Haha, it can be done! What a performance. I caught the 2nd half and glad I got the chance. Action from both sides was fun to watch. Liberty has to be considered a real contender in the region.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT