ADVERTISEMENT

Who's looking like contenders and who are the surprises as we head into January?

leemen

VaPreps All District
Feb 12, 2004
In 2A obviously for me R.E.Lee at 8-0 is off to an impressive start and appears like a serious contender. East Rockingham and Madison County are looking good as well. I think my surprise early would be Stuarts Draft. They had a bad loss to East Rock but...have looked solid since going 4-1 overall. Your thoughts?

Lee has best team it has had in a while. Still not overwhelming but the best they have had. Guard play is their achilles heal right now. East Rock got slapped in face by Page (down 21-3 after 1) the other night but righted the ship. They have the guard play to beat Lee and ER hosts Madison tomorrow night. I believe the Mounties will be without their head coach as he got ejected at Central the other night. Those 3 are the best of the mediocres. All 3 should make post season and the matchups will be interesting as well as who gets to play at home.

Martinsville, Dan River, Graham, Richlands, and Gate City all seem to be contenders at this point in the season in the West. I think that's pretty much who it's going to boil down to....Don't really see a team surprising anyone and beating out any of the teams I mentioned. John Battle or Lebanon may surprise some people this year...But I still don't ultimately see them being a factor when it's all said and done. Both are still solid teams though and should have good seasons.

Lee has best team it has had in a while. Still not overwhelming but the best they have had. Guard play is their achilles heal right now. East Rock got slapped in face by Page (down 21-3 after 1) the other night but righted the ship. They have the guard play to beat Lee and ER hosts Madison tomorrow night. I believe the Mounties will be without their head coach as he got ejected at Central the other night. Those 3 are the best of the mediocres. All 3 should make post season and the matchups will be interesting as well as who gets to play at home.
Yep...MC was without their coach v. ER tonight.

In 2A obviously for me R.E.Lee at 8-0 is off to an impressive start and appears like a serious contender. East Rockingham and Madison County are looking good as well. I think my surprise early would be Stuarts Draft. They had a bad loss to East Rock but...have looked solid since going 4-1 overall. Your thoughts?
Just saw Lee against Sherando. I agree with the assessment on the guard play but they're not bad either. Obviously George and Vaughan are gonna take them far. But I thought Pettiford played well today too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT