ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the next Mags, Woody, or Bradley?

A

anon_y7v0wv40itxop

These guys weren't always big names in coaching but they have definitely made their mark. Who is the next coach that is under the radar now that will make a splash in the future? Current head coaches or assistants.

Reactions: Louisadad
These guys weren't always big names in coaching but they have definitely made their mark. Who is the next coach that is under the radar now that will make a splash in the future? Current head coaches or assistants.
World doesn't need another Bradley. His antics rub most people the wrong way.

Three names that come to mind are Jamar Lovelace, Steven Castello, and Pierre Penn. Jamar is the current head coach at William Fleming in Roanoke, Castello has served as the D-Coordinator at Appomattox since 2014 and Pierre has been DB coach at Brookville for about 5 years or so. All are young, very knowledgeable of the game and have great rapport with their players and current staff members. I’m not sure if Pierre wants to be a head coach but I think he and Castello would be a good fit at the right place.

Also gotta add JT Crews to the list. JT just finished his first season as the OL coach at EC Glass in which Glass had more than 3000 rushing yards as a team. JT fits the description of the other guys plus he has 5+ years college coaching experience and he isn’t 30 years old yet.

Last edited:
World doesn't need another Bradley. His antics rub most people the wrong way.
I think Bradley is a coach that you might feel differently about if he was on your sideline. Their is no coach that cares more about his kids and their lives beyond football. If you are looking across the field at him, it’s easy to not like him. LOL

Reactions: VolNation85
I think Bradley is a coach that you might feel differently about if he was on your sideline. Their is no coach that cares more about his kids and their lives beyond football. If you are looking across the field at him, it’s easy to not like him. LOL
I was going to say the same thing but I didn’t want this to turn into a “let’s talk about Bradley” thread when @THEQB1 had a great original topic.

Reactions: anon_y7v0wv40itxop
He burned down all bridges to Salem. Very very very rare for Salem folks to dislike one of their own, but he got it done.

Three great coaches with great records

Unofficially
Jeff Woody 127-47 with 2 state titles Brookville and Monticello
Brad Bradley 179-66 with 3 state titles William Campbell, Patrick Henry, Amelia and Heritage.
Maghenbauer 186-46 5 state titles in 15 years at Salem
169-27 overall at Salem, Glenvar head coach from in 2000 and 2001, and started program for new school at Hidden Valley in 2002 and 2003.

Bradley is a former player at Salem under Willis White. His dad was part of 5 state titles at Salem , coaching and scouting at Salem. Bradley also played football under coach Rich Rodriguez , where he learned the spread.

Three great coaches with great records

Unofficially
Jeff Woody 127-47 with 2 state titles Brookville and Monticello
Brad Bradley 179-66 with 3 state titles William Campbell, Patrick Henry, Amelia and Heritage.
Maghenbauer 186-46 5 state titles in 15 years at Salem
169-27 overall at Salem, Glenvar head coach from in 2000 and 2001, and started program for new school at Hidden Valley in 2002 and 2003.

Bradley is a former player at Salem under Willis White. His dad was part of 5 state titles at Salem , coaching and scouting at Salem. Bradley also played football under coach Rich Rodriguez , where he learned the spread.
Jeff Woddy at EC Glass now :)

I must put my 2 cents in on this one. Will Patrick Louisa Head Football Coach. In his 1st. year As Head Ball Coach. LOUISA went 11-1. On a team he had to replace 18 starters. Coach Patrick is a Graduate of Louisa County High School. He played football at JMU. Side note Will swings a real nice golf club as well.

Three names that come to mind are Jamar Lovelace, Steven Castello, and Pierre Penn. Jamar is the current head coach at William Fleming in Roanoke, Castello has served as the D-Coordinator at Appomattox since 2014 and Pierre has been DB coach at Brookville for about 5 years or so. All are young, very knowledgeable of the game and have great rapport with their players and current staff members. I’m not sure if Pierre wants to be a head coach but I think he and Castello would be a good fit at the right place.

Also gotta add JT Crews to the list. JT just finished his first season as the OL coach at EC Glass in which Glass had more than 3000 rushing yards as a team. JT fits the description of the other guys plus he has 5+ years college coaching experience and he isn’t 30 years old yet.
For gods sake leave Castello out of this so he does not get ideas. Love him, would absolutely hate to lose him.

For gods sake leave Castello out of this so he does not get ideas. Love him, would absolutely hate to lose him.

That is definitely the ultimate compliment to an assistant coach if people don't want them to leave. Assistants really make the Head Coach's job easier but coaches like Mags and Woody tend to produce even when they lose great assistant coaches.

Reactions: lyhsports

I agree I think Lovelace is going to turn William Fleming around. They really need consistency and he has worked under Woody for a long time. Even Woody struggled in his first year at Glass.

That is definitely the ultimate compliment to an assistant coach if people don't want them to leave. Assistants really make the Head Coach's job easier but coaches like Mags and Woody tend to produce even when they lose great assistant coaches.
I was told Appo lost 5 assistants this year, and yes we stil had a successful team. Great coaches and assistants make each other shine. We are blessed to have both and want to keep them.

Reactions: VolNation85
LOL my post isn’t going to give him any ideas that he isn’t capable of thinking on his own. He is a great coach and deserves the opportunity as head coach. He will definitely get it sooner rather than later. Bigger Question is, will it be at Appomattox or somewhere else?

He burned down all bridges to Salem. Very very very rare for Salem folks to dislike one of their own, but he got it done.
I agree I remember how he acted to Salem when Heritage played there. That’s when I also lost respect for him.

Reactions: moto138
LOL my post isn’t going to give him any ideas that he isn’t capable of thinking on his own. He is a great coach and deserves the opportunity as head coach. He will definitely get it sooner rather than later. Bigger Question is, will it be at Appomattox or somewhere else?
Koo
Jeff Woddy at EC Glass now :)
No @!#$$:!##:

Reactions: lyhsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT