ADVERTISEMENT

Why are Athletic Directors and Principals so gutless when it comes to fan behavior?

THEGOATFROMJMU

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 21, 2008
The things I hear in the stands that's audible for all to hear --- grandmothers, kids, etc....

All I see is the guys making six figures sitting in a chair in the corner doing nothing

Reactions: Coach Chop
I call it making a business decision - not paid to be a policeman or national guard man. Bad enough to deal with their bad kids in the daytime w/o having to deal with the bad parents at night. Jeez.

I am going to tap into this thread to ask about something that I assumed would be in the national headlines this week, but yet I have not seen or heard a peep about it. I am referring to the fans and their behavior at last Saturday's Arizona State at Washington State game. Did anybody else see that game and hear what I heard? If no one bites, I will go into more detail..........

I am going to tap into this thread to ask about something that I assumed would be in the national headlines this week, but yet I have not seen or heard a peep about it. I am referring to the fans and their behavior at last Saturday's Arizona State at Washington State game. Did anybody else see that game and hear what I heard? If no one bites, I will go into more detail..........
What happened?

If not them then who is responsible for fan behavior?

I call it making a business decision - not paid to be a policeman or national guard man. Bad enough to deal with their bad kids in the daytime w/o having to deal with the bad parents at night. Jeez.

Reactions: BigWinners
In my earlier message I was referring to a chant that the WSU fans start in the final minute of the game. I forget what exactly was going on but they were on the verge of losing and the ASU coach, the very well-known Bobby Hurley, was talking to the refs and trying to straighten something out.

All of a sudden the fans, and not just one or two isolated people, but what sounded like the entire arena, started chanting "F*** you Bobby." Normally TV stations will try to censor that sort of thing but in this case, it went on for at least 30 seconds over and over. They even panned the camera on them at one point and it was easy to see and hear that was what they were saying.

Bobby himself even looked around at the refs or the scorer's table, as if he expected something to be done about it. Nothing ever was, and like I said, I was sure it would make the news, that some sort of disciplinary measure would be given, but I have not read a word of reaction to it. Maybe this sort of thing is more common than I realize, but I had never heard anything like it before.

Unreal what fans will say at games in todays lawless society. I have been called more offensive names this year to go along with being threatened several times. People wonder why no one is getting into officiating now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT