ADVERTISEMENT

Why do fans go into hiding once their team loses?

Just curious?
Probably because they talked big talk. It is okay to promote your team. For instance this year, one Brookvilke fan shared his remarks on a forum that Amherst would be lucky to score 10 points. After the game was over I responded back and asked him how did 42 sound and 25 in the last quarter. Never heard from him again only to tell me to shut up, lol

Meh, the only JF fan here was reasonable throughout and only picked JF by 9. It's also 10AM day after, getting on the boards after a loss may not be top on his priority list after he wakes up.

A lot(a LOT) of people underestimated Salem's D but everyone either had Salem winning or losing by usually a TD or so, it's not like this was a 16v1 matchup where nobody gave Salem a chance. I think Salem fans are right to feel proud of the D because I think we were well aware of how good they're playing thus far but there honestly isn't crow to be eaten by anyone in my opinion.

e: just for clarification, to me crow is about "____ beats ____ by 20+, maybe gets a running clock" kinda thinking. Picking one team to win by 7 or something isn't a discounting of the other team, you just got the pick wrong and I don't think you need to make a post to other fans every time you pick against their team.

Last edited:
Probably because they talked big talk. It is okay to promote your team. For instance this year, one Brookvilke fan shared his remarks on a forum that Amherst would be lucky to score 10 points. After the game was over I responded back and asked him how did 42 sound and 25 in the last quarter. Never heard from him again only to tell me to shut up, lol
My point exactly on my "crow taste" post.If you are going to say it then at least admit you were wrong.

The only really bad pick was the person that thought JF might score 50 in the first half. About as bad of a prediction as you will ever see.

Just curious?
One reason is because a lot of fans on here don't let anyone know which team they are aligned with, so that they don't have to hear it when the team they are fans of loses. Which team are you a fan of Daboyz19? Where Did you go to high school?

JFcavs1 lol he really thaught JF had a chance but that game was pretty much a tall tell story at halftime he's a great guy don't get me wrong we won't see him anymore JF simply got man handled every way in the game possible.

Reactions: salemfan32
One reason is because a lot of fans on here don't let anyone know which team they are aligned with, so that they don't have to hear it when the team they are fans of loses. Which team are you a fan of Daboyz19? Where Did you go to high school?
I root for the Frederick County,Winchester and Clarke County schools...Who do you root for?

My point exactly on my "crow taste" post.If you are going to say it then at least admit you were wrong.

He might show up this week, he might still be in mourning. I just don't think you should talk to big over just being positive because it can comeback to bite you

Reactions: Daboyz19
I root for the Frederick County,Winchester and Clarke County schools...Who do you root for?
I root for Sherando football first , because my kids went there and played there, and they have the best football program in the area, and they win and lose with class. Graduated from James wood and will always wish the best for them, although they are not very good at football always. and , I also like the Clarke teams because they show good sportsmanship and have a quality program , and my wife went there and a lot of my friends kids play there. I will never wish the best for Millbrook, because they on a lot of occasions do not show class or sportsmanship. For example ( skyline game ) this year. And also the Jefferson football game this year. . Where I saw a Millbrook player take a closed fist while a opponent was down on the ground and hit him while on the ground. Hard to be a Handley fan when you have ties to James Wood, but have no problem with them, wish them the best, at least they are respectful when they win or lose.
You didn't answer the question though, you dodged it. And there is your answer of why fans go into hiding once their team loses, because they get disrespected and the team they root for gets ripped on here. This is why you don't align yourself with one team. Probably a good decision . I would imagine you probably went to one of these schools, but good move not saying who you root for on here, because it will do nothing but cause you grief in the long run. Haha

I root for Sherando football first , because my kids went there and played there, and they have the best football program in the area, and they win and lose with class. Graduated from James wood and will always wish the best for them, although they are not very good at football always. and , I also like the Clarke teams because they show good sportsmanship and have a quality program , and my wife went there and a lot of my friends kids play there. I will never wish the best for Millbrook, because they on a lot of occasions do not show class or sportsmanship. For example ( skyline game ) this year. And also the Jefferson football game this year. . Where I saw a Millbrook player take a closed fist while a opponent was down on the ground and hit him while on the ground. Hard to be a Handley fan when you have ties to James Wood, but have no problem with them, wish them the best, at least they are respectful when they win or lose.
You didn't answer the question though, you dodged it. And there is your answer of why fans go into hiding once their team loses, because they get disrespected and the team they root for gets ripped on here. This is why you don't align yourself with one team. Probably a good decision . I would imagine you probably went to one of these schools, but good move not saying who you root for on here, because it will do nothing but cause you grief in the long run. Haha
I root for Handley first but I've coached kids from youth football that play on all of the area teams so I follow them all.

I don't think anybody really "hides" away from the forums after their team loses, its just that the interest in being on the forums and talking about their team goes right out the door with the loss.

Reactions: babY_d757
I have always wondered that myself. and often times the few that do stay, have bad sportsmanship

Forest lost the game, they had the ball in the redzone several times and couldn't convert. The Salem team executed on all cylinders and played physical swarming football on defense. On offense they established the run early and play-actioned the hell out of Forest. The receivers ran open and it could've been the scheme JF ran and Salem continued to hit the soft spot and made it hurt time and time again. It was a good game, but the Spartans controlled the game from start to finish, they set the tone with a physical return that nobody on JF wanted to tackle the rb and then followed up with a smash trap play second play of the game for 6 after seeing if the outside was open. Defense followed up with 3 stuffs on the defense and got Forest behind, the game followed this blueprint. Personal point the Spartans WON and CONTROLLED the LOS from start to finish thus the score indicated it, Forest had chances but couldn't execute when it counted most and they needed it. Hats of to the Spartans. I don't hide after a loss just posted on what I saw today...where's your team by chance still playing best of luck to them if not well get back to grind for next year to make it to the State Finals like Forest will be doing.

Forest lost the game, they had the ball in the redzone several times and couldn't convert. The Salem team executed on all cylinders and played physical swarming football on defense. On offense they established the run early and play-actioned the hell out of Forest. The receivers ran open and it could've been the scheme JF ran and Salem continued to hit the soft spot and made it hurt time and time again. It was a good game, but the Spartans controlled the game from start to finish, they set the tone with a physical return that nobody on JF wanted to tackle the rb and then followed up with a smash trap play second play of the game for 6 after seeing if the outside was open. Defense followed up with 3 stuffs on the defense and got Forest behind, the game followed this blueprint. Personal point the Spartans WON and CONTROLLED the LOS from start to finish thus the score indicated it, Forest had chances but couldn't execute when it counted most and they needed it. Hats of to the Spartans. I don't hide after a loss just posted on what I saw today...where's your team by chance still playing best of luck to them if not well get back to grind for next year to make it to the State Finals like Forest will be doing.
My team was 0-10 this year and I don't see much hope for a couple years but I still love high school football.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT