ADVERTISEMENT

why is lake Taylor home team?

Why do you have to start a new thread for what is basically started in the thread below? These grandstanding Salem fans are ignorant. Cant wait for the destruction to begin this Saturday, even though I think you have a small chance in this game.

Hammy, seemed to me it was a legit question. Had nothing to do with grandstanding. Also seems to me you're at the ready for anything anti-Salem. By the way, where are you guys playing Saturday?
GO SALEM
GO MULES

The same place you were last year this Saturday. This will be you on the way home saturday
sad0002.r191677.gif

I resent that. I am old but not that old. Ham ought to be happy sherando has one of the best records in the state against salem they are 1-1

No matter if salem wins or loses salem will reload next year and the year after that and the year after that etc. etc.

This post was edited on 12/11 2:15 PM by southbottomU

No. You didn't grandstand, OMHDC. People are always jealous of Salem because our city doesn't divide its resources amongst other schools and sinks a lot of money into athletics. Our kids have access to what most don't...beginning in rec league. Interesting how our kids don't feel hate towards any team. We want other teams to do well...except when they are our opponent and only on that day. Being anti-any school is so strange and foreign to us in Salem. But whatever. Salem's success is and has been well-deserved, and Salem will continue to be successful so long as parents who played college ball or coached college ball move to our area and teach the rec leagues, and as long as funding is always there for our kids to have the best possible access to resources, etc. before they get to the great middle and high school coaches. We are proud of our kids, and we won't hold back showing it. Call it grandstanding. Call it whatever. But our boys are really good kids...this particular group is the nicest bunch of young men...the kind most fathers would want their daughters to marry. And they don't deserve the garbage from others for caring, working hard, and being the best they can be. Go Salem! Win because you deserve it
!

I doubt very seriously that Hammy is old enough to remember the first meeting. I remember it well.
I don't often comment on here but Hammy is a hater and every now and again he needs to hear the truth.
GO SALEM
GO MULES

Well said Momo. Fact of the matter is that most of the derogatory posts on here about Salem are made by what I like to call, jock sniffers. Wannabes, who wouldn't know integrity if it slapped them in he face.
As a long time Salem fan I don't care for most of the crowing that a handful of our "fans" do either. We are Salem. That seems to be reason enough for some to hate. I love high school football. I believe it to be the purest form of the greatest game ever conceived. God bless the young men who play it no matter where they play!
GO SALEM
GO MULES

Hey momomule, very well stated. Sometimes the big picture gets a little deluded on this forum. Anyone that knows me from this form or otherwise know I belive exactly what you stated. The community needs to be wrapped around our kids as much as is possible. Certainly it is tougher in some localities than it is in others. But it really needs to be part of what everyone wants in their home areas.

We can beat each other up on here. Even get a little out of hand or over boastful, but we all have to remember what the end game is. We want our kids to learn and apply the principles of being a decent human being. And we set the example.

I'm Dinwiddie, blued, glued, and tattooed. But my experiences at Salem and with the people out there fit the embodiment of what I believe in. I'm proud to say I'm from Dinwiddie, and would be equally proud to say I was from Salem.

Go Mules, go Titans! And let's all just go and cheer and applaud our kids as they make us proud.

Amen!
GO SALEM
GO MULES

This post was edited on 12/11 5:32 PM by OMHDC

48 plenty old and remember well. Both games between the teams have been close. Don't you guys get to fired up, and I am not a hater of any team except one of the local teams here. Was just giving you guys a hard time, because you are easily to excite! Lol

See here is thing, you guys think that if anyone ever says anything about Salem, and you don't have some form of Salem in your name that they are running your team down. And don't you think that maybe sometimes that some of you might be trying to worship kids a little to much?

You are correct, both games were close. I attended both. My son played in the first one. I do get fired up when anyone runs down our kids or our program. These kids work their ever loving butts off to make Salem what it is. I am easily excited when it comes to them. Guilty!
GO SALEM
GO MULES

That's a ridiculous statement hamspear. We are all on a High School football message board. Therefore, we all care about our teams and the kids. We wouldn't be here if we didn't. "Worship" is a little to strong a word to use.

Darn Hammy, I'm not as nice as you. You have only one local team you hate? I have several. Actually, I'm just kidding. I don't hate any of them. But there are several in the greater metro area that I have little respect for, for the way they are coached and taught to act and react on the field.

Originally posted by hamspear:
Why do you have to start a new thread for what is basically started in the thread below? These grandstanding Salem fans are ignorant. Cant wait for the destruction to begin this Saturday, even though I think you have a small chance in this game.
The hate runs deep with this one.

Why would I have any hatred for Salem? The last memory I have of Salem is a very good one.
happy0001.r191677.gif
Maybe I will come down this Saturday and we can all hug it out.

I seriously doubt you hear much crying from Salem fans if we were to lose on Sat. We've been there, done that. We know there's going to be one team that leaves LU disappointed. If LT is the better team we will congratulate them and start setting our sights on getting better next year. Maybe you guys should start doing the same.

This is what I am talking about, you guys can't post a statement about team without taunting other posters and other teams programs. this is how Amherst fans were 5-7'years ago. When you guys are having a down year in the next few years, yes it will happen. We will see how cocky and arrogant you are then?

Why would I have any hatred for Salem? The last memory I have of Salem is a very good one.
happy0001.r191677.gif
Maybe I will come down this Saturday and we can all hug it out.
That's what we are all wondering. However, your posts don't indicate that this is true. No reason to hate any other school. Our biggest rivals are Pulaski, Northside and Amhurst and I have nothing but respect for them.

Well you haven't even played Amherst since 2007, so I don't know how that you could call that a rivalry, guess next year you can start that back up. good luck guys gotta roll.

This is what I am talking about, you guys can't post a statement about team without taunting other posters and other teams programs. this is how Amherst fans were 5-7'years ago. When you guys are having a down year in the next few years, yes it will happen. We will see how cocky and arrogant you are then?

No one is taunting you Ham... You are bringing this on yourself. Salem fans are just defending the team and community we love. You constantly use derogatory terms to describe Salem fans (cocky, arrogant, worship, etc). What would you expect the response to be Ham when you attack a team and its fans? You are right that Salem could have a down year in the next few years. Afterall, an 8-2, 7-3 record is considered a down year for us. I think we will manage.

Thanks and I as an Amherst fan has the same respect for Salem. One of our biggest rivalries is Salem and Hamspear said that we have not played each other since 2007, but that does not mean that we still are not rivalries. It might not be as much intensity because it does not have the playoff implications but it will definitely be an interesting one. Not sure who will play home first. I am guessing at Salem first because we played Northside at Amherst this year so usually that game rotates. Amherst does not care much for Brookville and when we beat them this year, it sure felt good. Hamspear gave me a hard time several years ago when Amherst traveled there, but we were no where near the team we had in 2006 or 2007. Sherando has been to the State 3 times. Amherst beat them twice. But the one thing that is odd about Sherando playing in 3 state games and losing is the score. 1995 Amherst 56, Sherando 12, 2007 Amherst 56, Sherando 10 and 2014
Dinwiddie 56, Sherando 14. Nothing wrong with fans being passion about their team.
This post was edited on 12/11 6:57 PM by wikki

I was guessing it would be at Amherst because we played at home also against Franklin co. Interesting

Wikki correction- Sherando has been to state game 4 times , lost to Salem in 1996 20-12. we were just talking about that above.

yes I hate Salem fans so much....... email sent from to Dinwiddie Proud two days ago from me. funny , was trying to help one of your fans out.

"I'm not sure yet "Dinwiddie"e, such a long way to drive from here. I am thinking it will probably watch it on NFHS. If something needs to get worked out for Mike Salem , I will chip in on the cost. can't believe his Salem buddies are not stepping up? Hopefully Salem AD will get something worked out. "

Yeh I'm a Salem hater.

This post was edited on 12/11 10:06 PM by hamspear

Wolfe in sheep's clothing. Lol
We all appriciate you offering to help out Mike. However, there have been more than a few Salemites willing to do what they can. I've even seen one Salem poster willing to chip in $100 to get Mike to the game. There is a strong sense of community in this city. Mike WILL be there to watch his Spartans!!!

OMHDC, what's the big deal anyway? This whinning doesn't seem to mean much to me. And who are they kidding. There ain't nobody from the that side of the state coming anyway, they never do. Hell, I saw the film of their semi-final, half the seats were empty. This is nothing but a bunch of hooey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT