ADVERTISEMENT

Why was the Salem/Franklin County thread deleted

You mean to tell me that not 1 person from Salem can respond?????????

It was @FC, which is about an hour away from Salem, and the game ended a little over an hour ago. Calm down and Salem fans will tell you how mediocre they played tonight. There usually only ever 2-3 people who talk about the game Friday night anyway regardless of the outcome, more will post tomorrow as well.

Salem/Amherst game yielded a mighty 4 posts from people (2 from Salem, 2 from Amherst) on Friday night and the rest of the people discussed the game Saturday. It's always been this way, the majority of Salem fans discuss the game the next day but don't let facts get in the way of thinking fans are running from the board because they didn't beat FC by as much as they should have.

Salem/Amherst game yielded a mighty 4 posts from people (2 from Salem, 2 from Amherst) on Friday night and the rest of the people discussed the game Saturday. It's always been this way, the majority of Salem fans discuss the game the next day but don't let facts get in the way of thinking fans are running from the board because they didn't beat FC by as much as they should have.
I don’t care to be honest, just wanted to know why the thread was deleted.

Salem is a 7-3 football team. Could not break runs against 9 in the box. No chemistry yet between receivers and qb. Defense played well. Lost one of our best offensive lineman to a knee. FC had great game plan and played well on defense

We might be 6-4. Salem haters will be out. Might,have to hide out for awhile. The next three games are Dinwiddie, Northside and Blacksburg.

I thought play calling was really bland tonight, I get Franklin County stacked the box with 9 almost every play but I would have liked to seen some more counters and sweeps to get the defense moving side to side. More pass plays would have been nice especiallly some to the tight end but line had trouble protecting gladden tonight

Reactions: close2salem
Edwards had a smart gameplan. It makes sense since he coached in Salem for years. FC was ready for the run game. No one made big plays and it was a ground and pound game all the way. The game was very physical. Say what you want. Salem is fine. Credit to the Eagles for playing a hard and physical game.

Well Salem has a LOT to work on yet.. just didn’t look crisp on every aspect if you ask me. QB and receivers still not on the same page and throws that were good got dropped.. a few holes opened up front for a few good runs but still not What you expect from the boys up front given the opportunities.. How many fumbles did FC lose ? I counted at least three and two I think were in the red zone. Better get it together for next week or it’s really gonna be a long ride back from Dinwiddie.

Yea, I mean a big thing to point out is that Salem played a former coach there, the man knows the system. Salem is still young and has gaping issues to attend to at various spots (please teach the secondary to just get DPI if the guy torches them) and we seemed to be beating our heads against the wall running up the middle instead of bouncing outside to spread them out. And Gladden throws infinitely better when he sets his feet not when he's rolled out but another part of this is dropsies from his receivers and poor protection so everyone has stuff to work on for offense. I think Persinger languished as the game went on and they should have stuck with Wood for the majority of the second half. Pinello also doesn't touch the ball enough for my liking, the kid is a mountain of a human being. Defensively, recovering 4 fumbles and making a pick and giving up only 3 can't be complained about much although there was more missed tackles and poor form tackling than you'd like but it's week 2 so it's to be expected.

I still think 8-2 is the deal but 6-4 wouldn't particularly surprise me either, it will be interesting to see the young guys continue to grow.

Reactions: panther308
I said it last year and I'll say it again, you DON'T WANT TO SEE SALEM IN NOV, my memory isnt that short.

As neat as it would be for us, even we have to have down years. I got proven crazy wrong last year but eventually we're going to have the season end early. This is a very young team and it would make a lot of sense for it to happen this season.

Blacksburg is going to torch our secondary imo, but our hope is probably going to be just jamming the ball down your throats and trying to limit touches for your offense.

Reactions: panther308
[QUOTE="1MoreHokie, post: 312718, member:

Blacksburg is going to torch our secondary imo, but our hope is probably going to be just jamming the ball down your throats and trying to limit touches for your offense.[/QUOTE]

What a way to be positive! Smh...I have faith in the secondary and high expectations. I'm thinking some of you 6-4 dudes are pessimistic by nature. It's like a broken record I've been hearing stuck on repeat for the last 3 years.

What a way to be positive! Smh...I have faith in the secondary and high expectations. I'm thinking some of you 6-4 dudes are pessimistic by nature. It's like a broken record I've been hearing stuck on repeat for the last 3 years.

I mean I literally said I think we're an 8-2 team still but OK. I said 6-4 as a worst case. Is your best case/worst case always 10-0 or something? Blacksburg has a QB with a big-time arm and one of the best WRs in the entire state facing a secondary made up of 3 sophomores and 1 freshman. I long ago accepted that people were going to pass on us this year (with the addendum that in a few years nobody will be able to pass on us), it's not something I sweat or get mad over, it's a deficiency we have on D this year and it's only ever going to improve but week 4 against Tiquest Terry is not a recipe for success for such a young set of DBs.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Actually Blacksburg is week 5, but the next 3 weeks should be battles- Dinwiddie, Northside, and Blacksburg.

I think a different Salem poster said 6-4 & you may have said 7-3 or 8-2. Regardless Salem should be ready for the playoffs.

Take em one at a time.

Reactions: 1bburgfan
Actually Blacksburg is week 5, but the next 3 weeks should be battles- Dinwiddie, Northside, and Blacksburg.

I think a different Salem poster said 6-4 & you may have said 7-3 or 8-2. Regardless Salem should be ready for the playoffs.

Take em one at a time.

I mean, my post says exactly I think 8-2 is our result but I accepted 6-4 as a worst case on the notion that if we lose the next 3, we'd probably be vulnerable to Pulaski or PH but I don't really think that's the case. It'll probably be 7-3 or 8-2 and I'm guessing on us splitting Bburg and NS.

I said 6-4 wouldn't surprise me because I picked it as my worst case, thus it shouldn't be a surprise by default. If Salem finished 2-8, that would surprise me. I mean theoretically everyone's best case and worst case are the same: unbeaten or winless, but reality is usually a fair bit different thus I said 8-2 is my pick but 6-4 wouldn't surprise me.

Salem is a 7-3 football team. Could not break runs against 9 in the box. No chemistry yet between receivers and qb. Defense played well. Lost one of our best offensive lineman to a knee. FC had great game plan and played well on defense
Who has a knee Injury

I mean, my post says exactly I think 8-2 is our result but I accepted 6-4 as a worst case on the notion that if we lose the next 3, we'd probably be vulnerable to Pulaski or PH but I don't really think that's the case. It'll probably be 7-3 or 8-2 and I'm guessing on us splitting Bburg and NS.
Who has a knee Injury
Glenn Compton got his leg rolled, don't know status yet. He went out in the 3rd or 4th and W Price came in.

Glenn Compton got his leg rolled, don't know status yet. He went out in the 3rd or 4th and W Price came in.

Been told he will be fine. Not a tear but a bad stretch of the knee. Should be ready in 2-3 weeks. Big news for Salem.

Reactions: RKE Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT