ADVERTISEMENT

Will PH finally knock off Salem for the River Ridge?

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Saw they had a couple of impact transfers over on Grandin to go along with the returning talent. Anybody got better insight than me. If I had to rank it, 1. Salem 2. Christiansburg 3. PH going into the season.

It will be an interesting game. Lots of football to be played before that matchup. I still have Salem at the top of the RR
Agreed. Could be one of the better games in the western part of the state this year. Hard to believe Daron Wilson is already a senior and I was told that Peyton Lewis looks like he may be the best thing to ever come out of Salem. We’ll see soon enough.

Agreed. Could be one of the better games in the western part of the state this year. Hard to believe Daron Wilson is already a senior and I was told that Peyton Lewis looks like he may be the best thing to ever come out of Salem. We’ll see soon enough.
How’s Jaelyn Allen looking?

He can defiantly be a game changer. On defense he will cover a lot of ground and has knows how to seek the ball out . On offense, he has the ability to score from anywhere. He had battled ankle injuries in the spring and last season. Salem missed him vs BR. He's just a Jr so he will only get better as the season progresses.

Saw they had a couple of impact transfers over on Grandin to go along with the returning talent. Anybody got better insight than me. If I had to rank it, 1. Salem 2. Christiansburg 3. PH going into the season.
I see Sydney Webb, 3 yr starting QB for Northside, transferred over to PH. They'll use him as a slot receiver, DB, and PR. I haven't heard about any other transfers, but it's amazing to me the number of guys that have left Northside the last few years. LB, WF, Salem, and PH have picked up some good players from NS.

I see Sydney Webb, 3 yr starting QB for Northside, transferred over to PH. They'll use him as a slot receiver, DB, and PR. I haven't heard about any other transfers, but it's amazing to me the number of guys that have left Northside the last few years. LB, WF, Salem, and PH have picked up some good players from NS.
Mike, I hope all is well. I saw a few months back PH had a 3 star transfer from private school. Maybe North Cross? He’s an underclassmen. They also have a kid who has some power 5 offers but he was already there. PH is a lot like GW Danville. They have as much talent as anyone but can’t quite put it all together.

Mike, I hope all is well. I saw a few months back PH had a 3 star transfer from private school. Maybe North Cross? He’s an underclassmen. They also have a kid who has some power 5 offers but he was already there. PH is a lot like GW Danville. They have as much talent as anyone but can’t quite put it all together.
Carmelo Taylor is the guy with the P5 offers. Within the RRD, track meets with Melo & Peyton have been fun to watch. Melo is usually a tick quicker. Both won States in the 100m in their respective Class, with Melo also winning the 200m. They'll have one more year to compete on the field and on the track. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Melo is Shannon Taylor's nephew.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
PH is a lot like GW with the skills guys. Both would wipe up if they could get an OL & DL that was as elite as their skill guys.

This next statement is not referring to any particular school, but everyone can't run, catch, or throw the ball, you need guys willing to block and tackle. Blocking and Tackling doesn't get your name in the paper like the skill positions, but without guys willing to do the dirty work, the skill guys don't usually look as skilled.

There is a very good reason why and with you being in the know at Salem I think you probably have a good idea of this reason

Who'd Salem pick up from NS?

Who'd Salem pick up from NS?
In the last few years they got Noah Collins and Nathaniel McClure. I'm not sure if Salem has any this year. Just saying NS has lost a lot of good players to LB, WF, PH, and Salem within the last 3-4 years

Roanoke County should be ashamed of itself for allowing that many kids leave a program and no questions asked!! They’ve lost 3 starters this year already!! One to PH, 1 to LB and 1 to Northcross

Roanoke County should be ashamed of itself for allowing that many kids leave a program and no questions asked!! They’ve lost 3 starters this year already!! One to PH, 1 to LB and 1 to Northcross
There is a reason...look deeper and rid yourself of the problem and this won't happen

Believe me, I know the reason why!! That’s why I say Roanoke County should be ashamed of themselves

Saw PH is in a scrimmage with Chatham, Magna Vista and Staunton River. What the hell? They could be in region championship contention (they play in the weakest region with the exception of Stone Bridge) and they’re playing them? Big head scratcher. They are playing Cabell Midland the following week though.

Saw PH is in a scrimmage with Chatham, Magna Vista and Staunton River. What the hell? They could be in region championship contention (they play in the weakest region with the exception of Stone Bridge) and they’re playing them? Big head scratcher. They are playing Cabell Midland the following week though.
They use to scrimmage Martinsburg every yr when Walker was coach

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT