ADVERTISEMENT

Will Salem bring a crowd to Champe?

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
I know Salem has a great tradition of traveling well but this will be the longest trip in quite some time.Three and a half hours will be a challenge to a community who usually brings large crowds to all away games. Being that the game is Saturday at 2 might help a little.

I know Salem has a great tradition of traveling well but this will be the longest trip in quite some time.Three and a half hours will be a challenge to a community who usually brings large crowds to all away games. Being that the game is Saturday at 2 might help a little.
Probably will be like Sherando a couple of years ago crowd wise I would think.

Probably will be like Sherando a couple of years ago crowd wise I would think.

Barring terrible weather, I'd say that will be about right. If Google Earth is accurate, JC's visitor seating is very similar to Northside's, so my guess is that will be filled, with maybe a little overflow.

Can someone from Salem tell me about their recent history in traveling up this way to Loudoun County or anything further than Sherando and how they have done ? Looking to get some historical data before I make my pick.

Salem didn't bring much of a crowd to Salem last night. Very disappointed!
GO SALEM
GO MULES

Reactions: wikki
Can someone from Salem tell me about their recent history in traveling up this way to Loudoun County or anything further than Sherando and how they have done ? Looking to get some historical data before I make my pick.
Salem travels well! Go Spartans! The stands were full and overflowing when we traveled to Sherando a few years back.

Salem has never played in Loudoun County. In the old set-up, Salem would never see those teams until the state final, at neutral sites. Since the new system was implemented in 2013, Salem's been seeded higher than any of the Loudoun County schools each year - until Champe this year, obviously. So, virtually no experience, recent or otherwise, playing in the northernmost reaches of the Commonwealth, aside from beating George Marshall at Woodson in 1986. Except for the Sherando game, which you seem to know about.

Last edited:
Define "not much of a crowd" Salem had plenty of fans, it just wasn't full. The 50/50 was $1,000.

bottom line is that it was a little cold and both fan bases knew what was probably going to happen---Salem wins easily----also probably a better game five miles down the road

But you were the home undefeated team??????
Yes we were. Undefeated shouldn't have had anything to do with it. We were at home and we should have packed the place. We didn't!
Will we travel well to NOVA? Judging from our turnout Friday, I doubt it!
GO SALEM
GO MULES

I was volunteered to investigate a bus for adult fans...project for tomorrow.Someone messaged me saying it looks like at least one student bus should be an option.

Unless a lot of people going tobVT at UVA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT