ADVERTISEMENT

Will Salem Win a RRD Match

Sep 8, 2009
I just got back from HV and Salem and I have to say wow. What a difference a year makes. Salem is a very, very bad volleyball team. I honestly think they might not win a match in the RRD this season. It will be a toss up between them and Pulaski. I just hope Salem fans and Admin give the new head coach a chance. She is a good coach and will just have to rebuild.

I know Salem is struggling but I'd be shocked if they didn't beat Pulaski twice this season. And don't be surprised if they beat CB next time around too (that was a really close match first time around). Any other RRD wins would certainly be upsets but you never know. They have some talented kids and a good coach... just give them some time.

The loss of a head coach, and most the staff. The loss of the RRD player of the year along with 5 other seniors, having only 1 returning starter, and NO ONE else with more than 5 minutes on a Varsity Volleyball Court is not an easy thing to overcome. However, if you were at the match last night you also saw a team and a coaching staff that never quit. Yes they are struggling and may not win a RRD Match, but I guarnatee Coach Martinez, her staff and senior Emily Richardson, will never let them give up.

ADVERSITY DOES NOT BUILD CHARACTER, IT REVEALS IT.

I agree Salem has a great coach. She will just have to rebuild this program from the ground up. When a team that will most likely not win a district match loses their best player again due to graduation its going to be a long hard road. I believe getting most of the Salem based players into a JO's program will help a great deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT