ADVERTISEMENT

Will you attend high school football in another state this fall?

Will you attend high school football games in another state this fall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swva_havok_fan

VaPreps Varsity
Feb 23, 2016
The TSSAA (Tennessee) just announced that it still intends on moving forward with high school sports in the fall (masks required, limited capacity, no concessions). As of now, West Virginia and Kentucky are still intending to as well. Not sure what North Carolina's or Maryland's intentions are... With Virginia shut down for the fall, will you attend a high school football game in a border state, or any other for that matter, this fall?

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Obviously, there is still a big "IF" applied to this question also... as even though they're intending to still have a season, in the end they may not.

I live 5 minutes from Mitchell Stadium in Bluefield, WV. I'll be watching the Beavers play, if WV actually plays as planned.

Several Divisions in Tennessee considering cancelling sports after positive test results. Stay tuned. This could be the beginning of a lot of postponements or cancellations.

West Virginia Governor announces system in which sports will be cancelled or postponed in counties that are experiencing a rise in cases.

I feel that the states trying to play in the fall are in for a big headache. There will surely be cases pop up.

And the mayhem has begun.. Some school systems in Tennessee already cancelling practices and games due to positive test results . More fun to come!!

TS69, same feelings here man. But, the can will rust out and the road ends. C-19 will pass and all of us survivors stronger and for our lost family friends, and fellow humans, they will have wanted us to be stronger. We all will be. I don't know if we play at all in High School, College, or the NFL this year, but if we do, I am attending as much as I can. In state, WV, PA, college, etc. I will be there if the game is played and if not, I will be there next yr because we will have this virus whipped by this time next yr.

TS69, same feelings here man. But, the can will rust out and the road ends. C-19 will pass and all of us survivors stronger and for our lost family friends, and fellow humans, they will have wanted us to be stronger. We all will be. I don't know if we play at all in High School, College, or the NFL this year, but if we do, I am attending as much as I can. In state, WV, PA, college, etc. I will be there if the game is played and if not, I will be there next yr because we will have this virus whipped by this time next yr.
Appreciate you being positive!

Reactions: oldfool2 and Bo Bob
Big 10 has cancelled fall sports. ODU has cancelled fall sports.

"Reportedly." It has been reported since Sunday, but no official vote yet. ESPN even did a report saying that media outlets reporying that they have, but in fact it has not been confirmed or finalized.

Behind the scenes rumors are that the schools are secretly asking coaches and players to come out and publicly say they want to play. Look at the big names coming forward and schools are even talking of leaving conference to play...Nebraska and Ohio St to name a couple.

And the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 all reaffirm their intent on playing.

Watch the chaos really begin when these Power 3 play and steal schools from the nonplaying conferences and rake in all of the TV money.

I still say cash is king and all of these universities are paying their coaches a boat load of money and are now facing the reality of these contracts, even with some coaches taking paltry reductions, and zero athletic money coming in AND already having taken a financial hit with the lost of spring sport revenue.

And the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 all reaffirm their intent on playing.

Watch the chaos really begin when these Power 3 play and steal schools from the nonplaying conferences and rake in all of the TV money.

I still say cash is king and all of these universities are paying their coaches a boat load of money and are now facing the reality of these contracts, even with some coaches taking paltry reductions, and zero athletic money coming in AND already having taken a financial hit with the lost of spring sport revenue.
Either that, or they are kicking the can further down the road.

WVSSAC just announced that only immediate family will be allowed to attend fall sports. Parents only if thw County is in the "yellow".

So all of us planning to go watch a game in WV can cancel those plans unless you have a kid playing.

I was at the Dobyns-Bennett and Tennessee High game last night. Felt so good to be at a ballgame. I'll be at every D-B game this year that I'm allowed to attend.
What is the next big game in Tennessee? I’d love to drive out that way to a game.

What is the next big game in Tennessee? I’d love to drive out that way to a game.

Usually Elizabethton and Greeneville is the game to watch in northeast Tennessee every year. Between them they've won the last 3 4A state titles. That game is late in the season though. David Crockett and Science Hill next week is normally a good one to go watch. Crockett has Notre Dame commit Prince Kollie on their team. But that's about all they have this year it looks like.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I could hear their PA from my house. And I live over behind you. How loud was that thing!? We live like 4 miles away.

Lol. I didn't notice it being that loud honestly. The stadium lights are really bright though. I could still see them when I got home the other night.

Usually Elizabethton and Greeneville is the game to watch in northeast Tennessee every year. Between them they've won the last 3 4A state titles. That game is late in the season though. David Crockett and Science Hill next week is normally a good one to go watch. Crockett has Notre Dame commit Prince Kollie on their team. But that's about all they have this year it looks like.
Thank you! May be harder to get out there if they put a cap on attendance.

Thank you! May be harder to get out there if they put a cap on attendance.

Attendance is capped at 50%. If you go to a D-B home game, then that shouldn't be a problem as that's 5,000.

Well? Who won? Details man, WE ARE SUFFERING HERE!!!!:D

D-B won 35-0. This is supposed to be one of D-B's best teams in quite some time. (The road will probably still end when they inevitably meet up with Maryville in the quarterfinals)

Tennessee High has a D-1 prospect in Jaden Keller, but he was more or less nowhere to be found Friday night.

D-B has a tough game on the road Friday night at Oak Ridge, alma mater of Tee Higgins of Clemson fame.

Hello friends! I will be going to watch myrtle beach vs Carolina Forest Friday nite here in Myrtle beach , suppose to be a beautiful weekend here so come on down and enjoy some football and maybe get a few rounds in while you here . Should be a good game , Myrtle beach has been to back to back state finals and Carolina Forest was in the semifinals last year !

I'm heading down to Oak Ridge tomorrow night to check out D-B vs. Oak Ridge. First AP polls came out this week for Tennessee. Oak Ridge is ranked #3 in 5A and D-B is #7 in 6A, so it should be a pretty good football game.

Also may go check out Johnson County at Sullivan North tonight, since that game got moved up due to the potential of Laura moving in tomorrow night in this area.

Reactions: Stabler1980
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT