ADVERTISEMENT

William Byrd Terriers

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
I don't have a good feel for them right now. Last year Salem played a mistake filled game early and won in ot 20-17 and then won 24_17 in a much better performance later in.playoffs. They have Larry Basham, a great running back. We will find out more about them when they play 3a powers Lord Botetourt and Staunton River. Lord Botetourt has already beat Blacksburg. Last year the Terriers shut down the single wing of Staunton River but the game was in the mud. The early feeling was that Byrd had lost too much on defense but they are 3-0 .

You may be right but they started off similarly last year beating Cave Spring and Hidden Valley, then barely losing to Salem, but then beat Magna Vista 21-7, Staunton River 26-6, Botetourt 54-35 and then Heritage Leesburg 55-21 in playoffs people started giving them credit. I just don't know yet but you may be right.

Byrd's competition to date, with the possible exception of Hidden Valley, has been very weak but they've still done better so far than I would've expected. It's too bad that Salem played Franklin County instead of Byrd this year. Byrd should be 7-0 when they enter the 2 game stretch against Staunton River on 10/20 and Lord Botetourt on 10/27. Those two games will definitely determine how high they're seeded in the playoffs and if they should be considered a serious contender to win the region.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT