ADVERTISEMENT

William Byrd's RB Basham

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
went over the 300 yard mark in win against Cave Spring. Looks like Salem's next mission will be to try and stop this Sophomore from running all over the Spartans' new turf.

Byrd came into Salem Stadium 2 years ago and upset the Spartans. Should be a good game, don't know much about Byrd but I do know they were young last season and gave Magna Vista a run for their money. Salem still wins by at least 2 scores though.

Last edited:
Byrd came into Salem Stadium 2 years ago and upset the Spartans. Should be a good game, don't know much about Byrd but I do know they were young last season and gave Magna Vista a run for their money.
They have a pretty good QB in Culicerto. He transferred from Northside 2 years ago. They obviously have a good RB in Basham, I believe he started or played a lot last year as a Freshman. Cave Spring is not great this year so hopefully Salem will be able to contain Byrd's running game. 2 years ago Byrd had a 3 headed rushing attack with Hill, Hortsman, can't remember the 3rd back, but they controlled the ball winning the TOP and ultimately the game. Byrd's coach, Highfill, is an Andrew Lewis HS alum, who always seems to know how to get the most out of his kids especially against Salem!

Byrd came into Salem Stadium 2 years ago and upset the Spartans. Should be a good game, don't know much about Byrd but I do know they were young last season and gave Magna Vista a run for their money. Salem still wins by at least 2 scores though.
The coaches in Salem would be wise to review the film from the loss two years ago against Byrd. Byrd has the same coach and I know he will have a good game plan.

Not sure what it is about William Byrd, but they always come ready to play Salem. The coaching staff there does a great job. Always a scrappy bunch.

ADVERTISEMENT