ADVERTISEMENT

William Campbell better than....

Bo Bob

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 1, 2016
I really think this General team is better then their record indicates. I've watched some hudl video and have seen them get some bad bounces and make some uncharacteristic errors.
Hope the Raiders aren't taking this game lightly.

The Generals just put 60 up on a pretty decent Nelson team last week if I'm not mistaking. The back had 400+ yards rushing and 7 TD's

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Unfortunately talking to a WC parent this am at work He’s not playing do to Hamstring . I don’t look for this game to be close with out him .

Unfortunately talking to a WC parent this am at work He’s not playing do to Hamstring . I don’t look for this game to be close with out him .
ahh man that totally sucks. Hope he gets well soon.

I’m a Raider fan and this might sound a little disingenuous, but if I was WC I would worry more about saving kids for the 1A playoffs than beating Appo. You want to win every battle but you really want to win the war ( state championship). A hamstring injury is tough to shake during the season.

Don't like see the kids hurt.

Appo is down at least one player I know.

Reactions: Lakelife
Haven’t seen WC play yet but hearing from form WC parents they have to run him so much because the WR not not catching the ball .

IMO WC has potential for sure. They have one bad loss to Chatham. They cant lose that game and be in the discussion as a top level 1A program. Gretna, Dan River, and Lord Botetourt were all kind of expected with a resurgent DR being the only one I was on the fence about. Knowing the QB was coming back was a big part in my thinking they would be very competitive this year. Not having the caliber of receivers he had last year has limited them offensively but they are still a dangerous team in 1A if things start to click.

Maybe not but I think they are far better then when they last played in the Dogwood.
I agree Bo Bob. Nelson is greatly improved. Gave Gretna all they wanted for most of first half before they ran out of gas. But they never quit. They have a little group of pretty good athletes. Just dont have enough yet. Not sure about how many seniors they have but they are trending more positive than negative. Coach took a lot of iffy chances and for a while he was successful. Then law of averages caught up with him and it back fired.

In regards to Nelson, their Senior team (age 12-13) is more than holding their own in the youth league that includes Staunton, Riverheads, Stuarts Draft, Buffalo Gap, Fort Defiance, Wilson and Waynesboro. They were the #1 seed going into the playoffs so this next group could change the prospects for Nelson for a while. If they stay the course, in 2-3 years they will be very competitive in my opinion. I remember us discussing them starting their youth program at about the same time they decided to drop out of their district. The first year was rough but they are in the mix now and those kids are getting better for sure. Kudos to the kids and supporters for revitalizing the football program.

Reactions: BGfootball95
Nelson has been known for a soccer school for awhile now haven't they?
Maybe with no youth league a few years all those younger kids channeled into soccer. Hopefully now that they have the youth active in football again they gain some footing in the Dogwood.

Reactions: High School Sportz2
Nelson has always had athletes. Some played soccer, basketball, baseball and also football. They have proven to be a much improved program who will beat your butt with skill and speed. That is a testament to the players, coaches and all who support their program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT