ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Edmunds to Youngstown State

That is some great news. YSU has had some up and down years recently, but also has a history of being a powerhouse in the old 1AA years. Will be culture shock for Willie in Youngstown, especially when winter hits from October to April. Good up and coming coach took over recently as well. Good luck to Willie.

If there was any doubt about Shakobe Hairston and Willie Edmunds abilities (from college recruiters), the Salem game should’ve silenced all doubt. Both players will do big things at the next level and I’m hopeful Shakobe gets at least a D2 shot. Willie joins Blacksburg’s Tiquest Terry at Youngstown.

Damn shame that when a crime is committed in Danville, the news is all over the web. Not one article about Willie’s commitment to Youngstown. This is a huge deal.

Reactions: WP02alum
The economy in Danville is improving to a extent I never thought possible.
Even back in the 70's you did not want to walk on North Hill at night or go anywhere near Fruittown.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
The economy in Danville is improving to a extent I never thought possible.
Even back in the 70's you did not want to walk on North Hill at night or go anywhere near Fruittown.
I was in Danville last week. It’s been in a bad shape but I didn’t realize how beautiful the place is..Lived there for 19 years of my life on Arnett Blvd before moving to Richmond in 2014. Needs a lot of forward thinking, but definitely a lot of potential. I can remember the all you can eat days at Short Sugars on Fridays and long lines at Libby Hill Seafood on Sunday , standing room only crowds at GW where they’d turn back 500 people. The older I get the more I love learning about Keeta and Bam Covington and those 96 and 98 state championship basketball teams, all before my time. I work in Richmond and you’ll be surprised at the people who love Charles Stephens, Marques Cunningham, Johnny Newman, the Covington brothers, David Wilson and Herman Moore. I’ve met many. Yeah GW may lose to Salem or a Nova team now and people on the board run with it, but don’t get it twisted.. Historically, we’re up there with Tidewater and the 804 with the talent in our city.

Reactions: Lewis918777
I was a ref at Bonner Langston games where Joe Seamster and the Covingtons went up against Andy Warren and Jamie Harris.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT