ADVERTISEMENT

Winchester/Frederick County vs. Fauquier County week!

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
HE7mT8p.jpg

Showdown Week!

Sherando (4-0) vs. Liberty (2-2)
| 9/21 @ Sherando
Sherando leads the all-time series 13-10. Although history says this should be a close game, reality might turn out differently. Liberty isn't as stout as I thought they'd be but they're still a clear step up from the competition the Warriors have faced thus far. I saw a couple things that concerned me when I was at the Loudoun Valley game and hope that they were a result of a weather-shortened week versus a team that had just come off a bye. Liberty on the other hand needs this win if they want to make the playoffs.

My prediction:
Sherando 49, Liberty 21

Millbrook (3-1) @ Fauquier (0-3) | 9/21 @ Fauquier
I know, I know. The Falcons haven't had a winning season since 2012. They're 0-3. Millbrook has a powerful offense that can score at will against most teams. Millbrook should win this in a blowout, right? ...Right?

I'm not so sure. Millbrook and Fauquier have a common opponent in Loudoun County, and the Falcons fared better against a Raiders offense than Millbrook did. Fauquier hasn't scored many points this year, but the Pioneers haven't been able to shut down the likes of Jefferson and Turner Ashby. This game could end up being a close contest if Millbrook struggles getting things going early and Fauquier capitalizes.

Something else to note is that Fauquier is coming off a bye week.

Fauquier leads the all-time series 6-3.

My prediction:
Millbrook 42, Fauquier 35

Handley (4-0) vs. Kettle Run (3-0) | 9/22 @ Handley
Two teams with similar agendas. Handley can prove that their best start since 2009 hasn't been a fluke and Kettle Run can send a message to the rest of the region that they're a contender. This has the potential to be a great game especially if some of Handley's playmakers get going.

These two teams have played one common opponent in Warren County. Handley came from behind and won 15-14 while Kettle Run won soundly 33-7. Kettle Run leads the series 5-2.

My prediction:
Kettle Run 35, Handley 21

Also James Wood plays at Hedgesville. I'd like them to win so Sherando's power ratings improve but the Eagles likely have the edge in this one.

HE7mT8p.jpg

Showdown Week!

Sherando (4-0) vs. Liberty (2-2)
| 9/21 @ Sherando
Sherando leads the all-time series 13-10. Although history says this should be a close game, reality might turn out differently. Liberty isn't as stout as I thought they'd be but they're still a clear step up from the competition the Warriors have faced thus far. I saw a couple things that concerned me when I was at the Loudoun Valley game and hope that they were a result of a weather-shortened week versus a team that had just come off a bye. Liberty on the other hand needs this win if they want to make the playoffs.

My prediction:
Sherando 49, Liberty 21

Millbrook (3-1) @ Fauquier (0-3) | 9/21 @ Fauquier
I know, I know. The Falcons haven't had a winning season since 2012. They're 0-3. Millbrook has a powerful offense that can score at will against most teams. Millbrook should win this in a blowout, right? ...Right?

I'm not so sure. Millbrook and Fauquier have a common opponent in Loudoun County, and the Falcons fared better against a Raiders offense than Millbrook did. Fauquier hasn't scored many points this year, but the Pioneers haven't been able to shut down the likes of Jefferson and Turner Ashby. This game could end up being a close contest if Millbrook struggles getting things going early and Fauquier capitalizes.

Something else to note is that Fauquier is coming off a bye week.

Fauquier leads the all-time series 6-3.

My prediction:
Millbrook 42, Fauquier 35

Handley (4-0) vs. Kettle Run (3-0) | 9/22 @ Handley
Two teams with similar agendas. Handley can prove that their best start since 2009 hasn't been a fluke and Kettle Run can send a message to the rest of the region that they're a contender. This has the potential to be a great game especially if some of Handley's playmakers get going.

These two teams have played one common opponent in Warren County. Handley came from behind and won 15-14 while Kettle Run won soundly 33-7. Kettle Run leads the series 5-2.

My prediction:
Kettle Run 35, Handley 21

Also James Wood plays at Hedgesville. I'd like them to win so Sherando's power ratings improve but the Eagles likely have the edge in this one.
Fauquier is bad real bad. If they score 35 or the game is that close it speaks volumes on how Millbrook isn’t that good. The Kettle Run Sherando game looming will be a very good game

Reactions: Shruikan
Fauquier is bad real bad. If they score 35 or the game is that close it speaks volumes on how Millbrook isn’t that good. The Kettle Run Sherando game looming will be a very good game

They scored 31 on Millbrook last year so I thought they might have more success this time around.

OC, why do you think the Sherando Kettle Run game will be very good? KR got something for the Warriors this year?

OC, why do you think the Sherando Kettle Run game will be very good? KR got something for the Warriors this year?
I can’t answer that because I haven’t seen Sherando. I have seen KR and they are better than last year. KR has size and great qb play. When and where is that game?

ADVERTISEMENT