ADVERTISEMENT

With Shiheem, Nhyre, and DEVILSLB99 on the opposing sideline, Salem

Oct 2, 2014
has no chance. Can't beat teams from south of the tunnel. They're playing down at a lower level than last year and and could win any classification,. Why play this game? Kids from North aren't recruited heavily and the hotbed of talent in 757 has led many colleges to glory. It's unthinkable Salem can win.

You're right I just think Salem needs to just accept they have no chance and forfeit the game. SMH
Great post for your 15th attempt. I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat anticipating your 16th.

Originally posted by SalemPride:
You're right I just think Salem needs to just accept they have no chance and forfeit the game. SMH
Great post for your 15th attempt. I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat anticipating your 16th.
Dang! When I saw that you responded in this thread, I thought for sure that you'd be asking someone to show you just one post from a Lake Taylor fan that claimed they were going to win without a problem.

You're losing your touch, my man.

I agree. salem should just be happy with winning the north. I guess they could forfeit and save themselves the shellacking they are surely in for saturday.

Oh, Capmayax, you make me laugh. Let me analyze your thinking. Because Salem is not from the 757, their players are not talented enough to win. Interesting. What if I decided to use a similar line of thought but change things around on you...like this? Because your players are from the 757, they have virtually no sense, act like they were raised by street punks, and will need every tutor on God's planet just to get them to find their college. Because they are not bright in the least bit way, they will have trouble against the talented athletes from Salem who were raised well, with every advantage, and can outsmart them at every turn. Salem can outsmart and outplay your school simultaneously, and that is something you probably never conceived. After all, certain things are...well...unthinkable. But, in general, this entire line of geographic snobbery is within itself totally stupid. That sort of logic turned on you should show you how utterly silly you are. Good luck with all that delusion.

Basically you just summed it up....

The fact of matter is this.. Capmayax is was trying to be funny and play the whole Salem has no chance card to get a reaction out of me or whoever, but momomule your comment and and scenario is based on what some people out West truly believe about the kids in the East and there is no way you can say some people don't think like that or you wouldn't have been so detailed. To act like some people don't have these thoughts are just as ridiculous as the original post.

Re: Basically you just summed it up....

Did you notice that was post number 1 for momomule. Think maybe they were trying to get a rise out of you? Board gotten kind of quiet since there is only two teams left and only one Lake Taylor poster. Some are just trying to stir the pot.

This post was edited on 12/9 9:52 PM by southbottomU

Long for the day when people can have healthy debates.

question for you

Is there any team on your schedule that it is similar to Salem? If so which team?

I will list what Salem is concerned about in playing Lake Taylor?
1. Great athletes all over the field
2. Great speed all over the field
3. A disruptive defense that attempts to put you behind the chains all day.
4. Big plays

Maybe you could list what concerns Lake Taylor this weekend.

I don't think Salem has seen the type of defense that you guys play. We did see a little of it in the first half of the Hidden Valley game and it caused some problems for a while.. G.W. Danville had the most athletes that Salem has seen this year but they were not that good defensively. Liberty had great size but not great speed (good speed but not great)

Re: question for you

L.C. Bird has ben on our schedule the last two seasons and playing in their 3rd straight state title game. They beat us 21-14 in 2013 and we beat them 29-22 this year. They are without a doubt one of the most physical teams in state. Monday when we hit practice some of our guys were like man I was in the house all weekend, but in the 4th quarter when the game was tight we lined down and took it to them and ran the clock out getting first downs running the ball.

Three quick concerns:
1. Salem doesn't beat themselves
2. One of the best run games we have faced
3. Solid defense that limits the big plays

In turn, there are people in the 757 who believe whole-heartedly in what Capmayax posted. I will specifically cite quite a few Lake Taylor fans I was around last Friday night... and that was just about 10 people in my immediate vicinity, at one 757 high school football game, representing only one of the many 757 teams. Those people are everywhere, on both sides. To be honest, I have been to multiple 540, 804, and NOVA games, but only a few 757 games. In all of the others combined, I didn't hear 1/10 of the amount of this kind of talk as I heard in the 757 stands. That's obviously not a scientific study, just simply a neutral observation. It is a ridiculously ignorant claim whoever says it and it is present everywhere you go, but the mind is more conscious of animosity than it is welcomed noise.

Honestly most LT fans have never even heard of Salem to say anything negative about them, and that's not a knock on Salem its because there is a Salem high school 15 minutes away. I had a person call me to say when are we going all the way to Lynchburg to play a Beach team. To take the page out of other people's book....Are you sure they were Lake Taylor fans?? Not everyone there is a representation of Lake Taylor fans a lot are fair weather experts.
wink.r191677.gif

Yes I'm sure. They were among some former D1 Lake Taylor players from the 80s, one a former All American according to his claim which I don't dispute. They were great to be around, very funny and made the game enjoyable. But those comments were thrown around quite a bit and I just bit my tongue. Lake Taylor isn't the only perpetrator on this matter though, I've seen much worse at another prominent 757 football school I won't mention. As I also said, it happens everywhere, not just out west or in the 757. It is a ridiculous claim regardless of the mouth it comes from.

This post was edited on 12/9 10:00 PM by FargoFootball8

I had not heard of the 757 until recently!
wink.r191677.gif
How could that be true? I've lived in Virginia all my life! Seriously, "757" meant nothing to me before I saw "757 Recruiting." There is talent all over Virginia, not just in the 757.

How about it's more of a representation of most people in the 757 just don't know about the western part of the state besides VT. They know VT far away and Roanoke is somewhere out there. I know kids in Norfolk that haven't been to Richmond or even outside of the state in their lives.

Let me clarify, I know where these places are located and I have visited most of them. 757 football was never on my radar. It's funny to hear someone say they don't know about Roanoke/Salem area football. I guess we just all live in our own little football worlds.

I guess playing Div 4 for so many years you never really got to play 757 teams as they were in D5 and D6, and if you played a 757 team they were probably from Williamsburg area where the rest of the 757 really doesn't count. Maybe Rod or someone can give you a link to the players that have come out of this area that you are unfamiliar with. Pretty sure most people around here think its just rural country towns out west. I remember hearing a lot that the only reason Blacksburg exists is because of VT.

I know some players from the area: Vick, LT, DeAngelo Hall, Tyrod Taylor, ect... I just never considered it to be any different than other parts of Virginia. Actually, I thought more talent came from the Richmond area as a kid. Is that called the 804? 703? See, I've been sheltered!

Originally posted by close2salem:
Let me clarify, I know where these places are located and I have visited most of them. 757 football was never on my radar. It's funny to hear someone say they don't know about Roanoke/Salem area football. I guess we just all live in our own little football worlds.
You've never heard of Michael Vick, Darryl Tapp, Bruce Smith, Vince Hall, Xavier Adibi, Branden Ore, Tyrod Taylor, Deangelo Hall?

What do you do on Saturdays in the fall?

Yes, I've heard of them. I never really cared where they went to high school. I knew Vick was from somewhere in Virginia.

Yes, I've heard of them. I never really cared where they went to high school. I knew Vick was from somewhere in Virginia.
Ok, good to know your resume. I'll try to teach you some stuff as you post to get you up to speed on things.

Ha! Are you from the mighty 757? What exactly do I need to know?
wink.r191677.gif

What you really need to know now, is to shut up.. First you need to listen and learn about who is who on the board.

No disrespect, but if you're new to golf, you probably don't want to play head to head with Rory McIlroy or Tiger Woods in your first round. Just a friendly piece of advise I strongly advise you accept.

That's not uncommon Devils. The new playoff system and all the reclassification has resulted in many schools getting to know each other for the first time. In fact many fans from Salem and surrounding areas had not heard of LT and other teams from the 757 or NOVA until here recently (myself included). Hopefully some rivalries will start to build and the fans from all parts of the state will get to know each other a lot better in the coming years.

This post was edited on 12/10 1:00 AM by SalemPride

Understandable...Because like I stated people thought we were playing Salem (Virginia Beach) and wanted to know how is that possible when Salem lost this past week and we won. The new classifications have brought about change and most fans are regionally aware, so this new classification has been good for growing peoples awareness of other parts of the state. Hard to tell is this person was serious or trying to be funny and make it seem like i was trying to play the 757 superiority card. Anyway it goes we know were Salem is because some of us were at the game this past Saturday. Nice atmosphere from what I was told..

Really? I am not being sarcastic or hateful. You are not very nice. You seem like a bully to me. By the way, I am not new to football, just new to this board.

Ha! Are you from the mighty 757? What exactly do I need to know?
wink.r191677.gif

Since you don't know much about the area codes, maybe follow that up with this map...
VA.gif

Since you're implying that my place of residence affects my thoughts on football, I'd next direct you to this page - https://virginiapreps.rivals.com/storyindex.asp - where you will be able to see all of the stories that run on this website. From there, I will hope that you notice that I write almost exclusively about the NoVa region during the season. However, if you go back far enough, you will see that I spend the first half of the year writing about prospects from the entire state. Additionally, as one of the owners of the site and the football editor, I manage the staff's offseason assignments as well which provides me access to information from the entire state, not just my little cave.

I'd then point you to this site -- http://www.espnradio941.com/page.php?page_id=67 -- where, on Saturday mornings from 10 to 12, you can hear our own Matthew Hatfield (and sometimes me) talk about Tidewater (or "757" sports). He does a great job.

Once you finish all of that, then let me know. We'll be pretty close to being able to have a solid conversation then.

Your posts here would definitely give the impression you are very new to Virginia High School football. You have been given some very good advice in a very diplomatic manner so far and you would be wise to take it if you wish to avoid embarrassing yourself.

All good to know info. You seem to know your stuff. I like it. I think you know a lot about Virginia football. I don't know a lot about specific teams, but I am a student of the game. When I put a
wink.r191677.gif
face, I am not to be taken seriously. I think you're a pretty cool guy so far. They're are several people on here who have an elitist attitude and are not so nice.

I am starting to figure out who everyone is on the board.

About the records, in my defense, I posted, in haste, their conference records. I actually copied it from VHSL reference ( a site I visit often). I copied the conference instead of the team schedule. I know Salem doesn't play everyone in their conference and I even looked at LT's schedule on hudl and watched some of their opponents. I didn't watch the blowout games. I didn't catch it because I'm not familiar with the teams from the area. It's been a very long week on the home front with sick kids and such. Folks make mistakes. I can be pretty entertaining to talk football with...I certainly have my own unique opinions at times. haha

Embarrassing myself doesn't bother me. I like to have healthy conversations about football. You can learn a little bit from everyone's perspective. It is fun to debate.

I may not know a lot about Virginia High School football outside my region, but I do know a lot about the game and I love the game. My kids play and I love the passion that comes with the game.

Shauntclair , why you being so hard on close2Salem? Let the dude post. Not hurting you. Seems to me , he or she is jousting trying to find out info, and learn, nothing wrong with that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT