ADVERTISEMENT

WOODGROVE 42 MASSAPONAX 14 FINAL

So Massaponax scored on their first offensive play of 3rd quarter.

Massaponax QB is good runner when he gets loose but they have not thrown ball more than 4 times the entire night?

Woodgrove keeps answering with a nice mix of runs and throws!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Yeah I was surprised the entire game.

I thought we were probably going to lose a close game tonight.

It turns out both teams are starting a lot of under classmen and rebuilding.

Woodgrove alone is starting 10 Sophomores this year and a freshman QB is getting quality minutes and contributing on offense.

Massaponax Head Coach Ludden was my Offensive Coordinator @ JEB Stuart when I played High School football all those years ago.

I got a chance to say hi which was cool.

Massaponax does not have a scary O-line and their biggest kid was gimpy tonight but played quite a bit of the game (O & D line) to his credit!

Massaponax QB is good but he could not get past the line of scrimmage untouched all night; he got a TD the one time he did the first play of the 3rd Quarter. They did not throw the ball more than 8 times the whole game

I hope they win more games than they lose because we will need power points for playoffs to offset last weeks game!

I think Massaponax had a couple kids going both ways and the Woodgrove no huddle wears them down eventually. Unfortunately our no huddle offense is nowhere near as fast this year due to QB by committee issues.

Well done Wolverines! You defended our house superbly tonight.

Kudos to the Woodgrove WILD student section as well; you kids ROCK!

My hat is off to Massaponax fans as well!!! They travelled better than most Loudoun teams, seriously!!!

We will see you next year Massaponax and I hope and think we can travel as well as you did tonight!!!

Last edited:
Yeah I was surprised the entire game.

I thought we were probably going to lose a close game tonight.

It turns out both teams are starting a lot of under classmen and rebuilding.

Woodgrove alone is starting 10 Sophomores this year and a freshman QB is getting quality minutes and contributing on offense.

Massaponax Head Coach Ludden was my Offensive Coordinator @ JEB Stuart when I played High School football all those years ago.

I got a chance to say hi which was cool.

Massaponax does not have a scary O-line and their biggest kid was gimpy tonight but played the entire game (O & D line) to his credit!

Massaponax QB is good but he could not get past the line of scrimmage untouched all night; he got a TD the one time he did the first play of the 3rd Quarter. They did not throw the ball more than 8 times the whole game

I hope they win more games than they lose because we will need power points for playoffs to offset last weeks game!

Massaponax had a couple kids going both ways and the Woodgrove no huddle wears them down eventually. Unfortunately our no huddle offense is nowhere near as fast this year due to QB by committee issues.

Well done Wolverines! You defended our house superbly tonight.

Kudos to the Woodgrove WILD student section as well; you kids ROCK!

My hat is off to Massaponax fans as well!!! They travelled better than most Loudoun teams, seriously!!!

We will see you next year Massaponax and I hope and think we can travel as well as you did tonight!!!

I forgot to mention the Defense.

The played like a pack of rabid dogs tonight.

Gang tackling, forced at least one fumble and held Massaponax on a few 4th downs!

They had maybe 5 first man missed tackles all night.

The Woodgrove Defense will only get better the more games they play, a lot of underclassmen KAATN on D!!!!

Plenty of tackles behind the line of scrimmage!

Signature win for Woodgrove and Coach Skinner tonight!

Congratulations Tom. Great early season win.

Thanx DP.

I heard before the game that Coach Skinner told the kids they would not have to practice this morning if they won...

That carrot appears to have motivated them a bit.

One last cool thing about last night, Massaponax brought their band so the two schools bands were dueling the entire time!

Great game and atmosphere at Woodgrove last night.

Woa Tommy! I was following this one on twitter and I was shocked. Huge win! Still think you are in rebuilding mode or are you starting to think a run is possible?

I am beggining to believe!

We will know more after next Friday night.

This is a one game at a time season fer sure but I might need to get me some kool aid!

A lot of our starters this year were getting their playing time in JV last year.

This program is really showing its depth this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT