ADVERTISEMENT

Woodgrove

Hamspear, just how good are they? Trust your opinion, so please provide some insight.

Well I can't actually tell you for sure, because I haven't seen enough of them. But they have a QB that can do it all. And that is a lot to handle. @Tom Potter could probably tell you more. Millbrook is not know for there defense , but for Woodgrove to hold them down like they did says that Woodgrove plays solid D. If you got the D, you have a team.

I think tonight's game was one of the best I have seen Woodgrove play in quit some time. No turnovers for offense and the defense got one interception. Not many penalties as well.

The offense shredded Millbrook's defense almost every time they got the ball.

I am glad Kovich was finally taken out of a game in the 4th quarter! Kovich is an excellent dual threat QB, he is the best QB I have seen @ Woodgrove in the 7 years the school has been open

Millbrook defense struggled most of the night and Woodgrove really didn't open up the playbook. Millbrook had at least 3-4 kids going both ways and the no huddle offense was effective tonight.

The defense once again tackled sloppily tonight in the first half but they stopped Millbrook a few times on 4th down throughout the game and had 1 interception.

Millbrook had some penalties that hurt them a few times on drives with one long TD run being called back on a holding penalty.

I expected a tougher game considering last years 2 OT game that Woodgrove won when the Millbrook kicker hit the upright. I was not at that game so I assume Millbrook lost a lot of Senior talent to graduation from last years team?

Anyway, it looks like Millbrook might be the last test for Woodgrove..... Not trying to jinx the lads but I do not think Heritage or Valley can keep up with us this year and Freedom lost to Loudoun County tonight, Dominion beat Valley handily and Champe beat Park View convincingly.

I hope these guys can win out and let teams come up to Purcellville in November!

Thanks Hamspear and Potter. I would like to read in depth analysis about the teams in the northwest. Have tried to find a media source that will give me some solid info on a weekly basis, but have not any very solid. Have any ideas?

Thanks Hamspear and Potter. I would like to read in depth analysis about the teams in the northwest. Have tried to find a media source that will give me some solid info on a weekly basis, but have not any very solid. Have any ideas?

In depth analysis about most teams just isn't there in the press anymore. I'm not an X's & O's guy or I would try to give more analysis.....

Of course most fans do not want to give up too much information on their teams, weaknesses in particular.

I do not know much about Hudl but I think folks need permission to access teams films? That is probably the place to start?

Reactions: BleedingNavy

Hey Bleeding Navy, alot of the Woodgrove parents cut out their kids highlights and post them at maxpreps.
Checkout this link for some highlights anyway....

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/defa...eamlevel=59a4c93d-374c-42ea-9b7f-87e1e51f1336

Thanks Potter. I was just curious about the talent in Northwestern VA. I have watched a ton of football in my years, but have only seen Sherando play in the past 10 years.

I am not looking to scout anybody. I am certainly not a coach. You guys do a good job giving us an idea about your teams. I just wanted to see some articles about games played. Thanks for your imput.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT