ADVERTISEMENT

Woody Winborn

mbonape1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2015
I realize this is the 4A board but I know many of you follow the Richmond region closely.

One of the best players in the central region Woody Winborn who plays QB for Hermitage suffered a devastating injury last night. He broke his leg against Henrico in what I would call an unintentional front horse collar where he was pulled down from the side on the sideline and his leg got caught underneath the defender.

Winborn has played sensational all year and Hermitage was a lot of peoples favorite to finally get over the hump. Now they must go play Bird again without their most influential player.

It breaks my heart to see that happen to kids and especially this one. Please send prayers his way!

I realize this is the 4A board but I know many of you follow the Richmond region closely.

One of the best players in the central region Woody Winborn who plays QB for Hermitage suffered a devastating injury last night. He broke his leg against Henrico in what I would call an unintentional front horse collar where he was pulled down from the side on the sideline and his leg got caught underneath the defender.

Winborn has played sensational all year and Hermitage was a lot of peoples favorite to finally get over the hump. Now they must go play Bird again without their most influential player.

It breaks my heart to see that happen to kids and especially this one. Please send prayers his way!
I watched it on channel 6 last night and it's a big blow to hermitage

Man, I feel for that kid. I have friends from Hermitage, one of which is a track coach there now, and I've been telling him this is their year, and the fact they're so young could make them a dynasty over the next few seasons like Bird. On a positive note, Hermitage is installing field turf at their stadium soon. That's been a long time coming.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Man, I feel for that kid. I have friends from Hermitage, one of which is a track coach there now, and I've been telling him this is their year, and the fact they're so young could make them a dynasty over the next few seasons like Bird. On a positive note, Hermitage is installing field turf at their stadium soon. That's been a long time coming.
If they only can get away bleachers now

Prayers from navy nation to him and the Panthers. I heard another player from Hermitage was taken off the field via stretcher last night also. I believe a leg injury as well.

Is he a senior? I hope not. I feel so sorry for him.

Yeah unfortunately he was a Sr. and he was being recruited by several quality school but I don't think he had secured an offer yet. I am not sure if he plays Bball or runs track or anything but If you see the video of the play its hard to imagine that he will play high school sports again this year.

He is a really good ball player... I hope the colleges' look at his body of work and give him a shot on the next level.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT