ADVERTISEMENT

Word on the street.....

Aug 6, 2009
The word around Pulaski County is the Cougars will be getting a "highly" recruited QB (Junior) transfer from Arizona that apparently has all the tools (size, speed and arm) and will be something to watch from what is being said by some that are in James inner circle. The Cougars have also had one of George Wythe's skill players to defect over in a wide receiver that could be a potential play maker. It remains to be seen what if any impact these players will have but they were certainly much needed as the Cougars were looking at being not much better than a .500 team this year. The scheduling however is still favorable over all for PC but any addition of potential play makers I am sure James is ecstatic about.

The word around Pulaski County is the Cougars will be getting a "highly" recruited QB (Junior) transfer from Arizona that apparently has all the tools (size, speed and arm) and will be something to watch from what is being said by some that are in James inner circle. The Cougars have also had one of George Wythe's skill players to defect over in a wide receiver that could be a potential play maker. It remains to be seen what if any impact these players will have but they were certainly much needed as the Cougars were looking at being not much better than a .500 team this year. The scheduling however is still favorable over all for PC but any addition of potential play makers I am sure James is ecstatic about.
It did seem like PC might be headed for an off season, so if these 2 players move then that would be good news for the Cougars. They hit the weight room hard and the lines are usually pretty tough. It will be interesting to see what impact they can have.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
The AZ transfer doesn't appear to be accurate. There is a Wythe transfer - a sophomore.
Arizona transfer decided to move a little further east to a school with a huge winning tradition and lost their starting QB to graduation. Sorry couldn't resist.

The AZ transfer doesn't appear to be accurate. There is a Wythe transfer - a sophomore.[/Q

It was confirmed the other day by the Superintendent from Pulaski the kid from Arizona is in fact relocating to Pulaski County the first part of June. I guess now we see if he is as great as is being talked about. He is "supposedly" a four star recruit. They (PC) need all the help they can get this year even with a SOFT schedule.

I don't know DSH. Strictly speaking of Class 4 Regions, I think it's relatively equal.

I think you can take about 8 top teams per region and match them against 8 top teams from other region and make an argument both ways for each of the matchups. I'm speaking of 1's against 1's all the way through number 8.

You might could make the argument that say, #6, 7, 8 in Region D "MIGHT" be a little stronger that the other regions.

But heck, if we were that smart we would be cleaning em out in Vegas, huh?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead

Scrolling through my social media, a good friend of mine who was two way standout at Radford HS, Dontae Carter, posted that his cousin from AZ, Kade Akers, will be suiting up for the Cougars this fall. I looked him up on hudl and he only had Freshman Football highlights posted from two years ago. Although it was freshman football, kid appears to be a nice pickup for the Cougars. Just helping confirm meatchop's original post.

Scrolling through my social media, a good friend of mine who was two way standout at Radford HS, Dontae Carter, posted that his cousin from AZ, Kade Akers, will be suiting up for the Cougars this fall. I looked him up on hudl and he only had Freshman Football highlights posted from two years ago. Although it was freshman football, kid appears to be a nice pickup for the Cougars. Just helping confirm meatchop's original post.
Yes that is the kids name and he apparently has younger brother(s) that are being touted as potentially being just as good if not better. It will certainly be interesting to see what impact this kid along with the GW transfer (that is very athletic) will have for PC. Those (2) individuals seem to certainly be a upside but the down side is PC does not have much of a supporting cast at other skill spots or the line most notably. As I mentioned previously the "soft" over all schedule still favors PC with or without these additions. The impact of these kids will be measured IMO against solid quality teams such as Salem and MAYBE Blacksburg and PH of teams scheduled and of course playoff time.

ADVERTISEMENT