ADVERTISEMENT

Wow how things have changed on this board

Louisa beat undefeated Monacan, undefeated Dinwiddie, and beat the team with the best defense in 4a (Lafayette)...That’s your opinion, mine is the two best teams played tonight. Congrats to Salem on the big win. People aren’t giving Louisa the credit they deserve.

I agree Danville. Louisa was the best team from regions a and b. They went through a difficult region and semi final and came out on top. Can't discount who this team took out. You guys know who I favor and we were beaten soundly by the Lions. Dinwiddie doesnt deserve to be in the conversation, because we didnt beat Louisa period. Salem is just good and so was this Louisa team.

He could very well be right, but the point is he did post something, therefore no reason for the rude comment to her about dumb/arrogant post

Thanks gunz. I wasn't trying to be rude or arrogant. I was pointing out how mbonape1 threw shade on C and D.

Louisa beat undefeated Monacan, undefeated Dinwiddie, and beat the team with the best defense in 4a (Lafayette)...That’s your opinion, mine is the two best teams played tonight. Congrats to Salem on the big win. People aren’t giving Louisa the credit they deserve.
I know who they beat. I watched Salem play both teams. Blacksburg was way better up front defensively, especially on the defensive side of the ball and they also had better defensive backs. Offensively Blacksburg and Louisa were about the same up front but Blacksburg had more weapons and way more speed. They also had a better kicking game and better special teams overall. I felt like when Salem beat Blacksburg they kind of stole one against a team that in a lot of ways was better... Louisa was a different story.

I dont believe he was saying that the East would win title, just that the teams lined up like that the East teams overall would beat the west teams. Whether that is true or not, I dont know, but i didn't see it as a shot at Salem.

I also don't think she was taking a shot at anyone.

People interpret whatever they wan
Thanks gunz. I wasn't trying to be rude or arrogant. I was pointing out how mbonape1 threw shade on C and D.

What shade??? Your not making any sense. The top 8 in the east are stronger than the top 8 in the west... AS I Said MINUS SALEM AND B.B. Salem winning just means exactly what I said... Salem and B.B. would have success in the east. If you want to argue that the world is flat be my guest

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
C&D are better at the bottom but not at the top.

The scary thing about the East is it is not out of the realm of possibility that there would be 6 Undefeateds next year.
Louisa and EV probably will be
Dinwiddie and Monacan have a chAnce
Lafayette and LT will probably be undefeated.

PHA and Midlothian had first year coaches. Hugenout is on the rise. Smithfield, KF, & DC are back on track and Heritage NN is improving. Courtland is also much improved. 4a East is going to rival the 5a scene soon

Did you not say "C&D are better at the bottom but not at the top."

Did you not say "C&D are better at the bottom but not at the top."

Do you think the top 8 teams in the west are better than the top 8 in the east? That is what I said.

Region D is the best in class 4 top to bottom. I personally don’t think much of Region C except I do think Sherando is good.
However I do think that there is less of a drop off in the west. For example I think Amherst and LCA and those teams have pretty good squads and are better than Midlothian, Huguenot, Courtland etc. C & D are better at the bottom.

Region A and B are very top heavy with the top 8 being very strong. Outside of Salem and Blacksburg I think the east is stronger.

Region B was the strongest at the top in my opinion with 4 undefeateds.

But make no mistake Salem is the best team in the state and won the championship for the 3rd year in a row.

If you still disagree then let’s just let it go bc we aren’t going to get anywhere. Plus I am sure you have more celebratory things you could be enjoying than going back and forth with me. Salem is the champ and it’s time to raid the liquor cabinet. I know I would be! Ramsey is POY is 4a and Salem is again the best of the best in maybe the best field ever since the re-alignment

The East has yet to send a team to the finals that wasn't unbeaten. The opposite has only been true once.

Reactions: mbonape1
BTW side note:

4 our of 6 classes 3 peated today.

Westfield
HSHs
Salem
Appomattox
And Riverheads won back to back
Can you imagine if Blacksburg was still in class 3??

That is crazy

I think Blacksburg would have won AAA, maybe easily. However, we will never know. But I can say they were a lot better this year than last and they won it last year.

BTW side note:

4 our of 6 classes 3 peated today.

Westfield
HSHs
Salem
Appomattox
And Riverheads won back to back
Can you imagine if Blacksburg was still in class 3??

That is crazy

First 3 peat ever for 6A
3rd time in 5A history (Phoebus and Hampton did a 4 peat)
3rd time ever for 4A (Broad Run and Salem twice)
First time ever for 2A

3A and 1A have never seen a 3 peat.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
He could very well be right, but the point is he did post something, therefore no reason for the rude comment to her about dumb/arrogant post
Sports Head doesn’t have a rude bone in his body. I didn’t call her dumb and arrogant, though i found the the statement to be. Salem 3 peated and their play speaks for itself. It is over now and there is no hard feelings either way. Glad you decided to come talk with the big boys and gals, Gunz :cool:

I know who they beat. I watched Salem play both teams. Blacksburg was way better up front defensively, especially on the defensive side of the ball and they also had better defensive backs. Offensively Blacksburg and Louisa were about the same up front but Blacksburg had more weapons and way more speed. They also had a better kicking game and better special teams overall. I felt like when Salem beat Blacksburg they kind of stole one against a team that in a lot of ways was better... Louisa was a different story.
What kind of kick back does Blacksburg give you for that same tune. If it makes you feel any better the top 4 in 4a went as follows.
1. Salem 13-2. State champs
2. Louisa 14-1. State runner up
3. Dinwiddie. 12-1 lost in Region B championship
4. Blacksburg 11-2. Lost in Region D championship

So no, Blacksburg wasn’t the second best team in 4a.. They finished 4th.

C&D are better at the bottom but not at the top.

The scary thing about the East is it is not out of the realm of possibility that there would be 6 Undefeateds next year.
Louisa and EV probably will be
Dinwiddie and Monacan have a chAnce
Lafayette and LT will probably be undefeated.

PHA and Midlothian had first year coaches. Hugenout is on the rise. Smithfield, KF, & DC are back on track and Heritage NN is improving. Courtland is also much improved. 4a East is going to rival the 5a scene soon
Now that the season has ended it is interesting to speculate on next year. I thought Louisa, Dinwiddie and EV lost a lot but I am not positive. Monacan loses their top tier QB but not sure on the rest. I do know that Kings Fork loses a lot, LT returns a lot as does Lafayette (15 starters return). Right now in Region A LT and Lafayette look ready.

Reactions: SalemPride
I don't believe they would have beaten Salem in a rematch. Salem improved far more than Dinwiddie did throughout the year. Look at the Blacksburg game 1 vs game 2 for a point of reference. I also don't think EV would not have matched up well with Salem or Blacksburg.
IMO I don’t think Lafayette would have fared that much better than Louisa against yesterday’s Salem team.

Sherando returns almost everyone. Salem loses its secondary, receiving Corp, and it's tailback and fullback. That's a lot. Can Salem stay an elite team? Knowing somewhat what's in the pipeline I would say Salem will still be good but will be very vulnerable in the first half of the year.

IMO I don’t think Lafayette would have fared that much better than Louisa against yesterday’s Salem team.

I would say that EV, LT, & Laf. will be the preseason front runners in A & B but Monacan and Dinwiddie won't be too far behind. Lousia losses a lot but I am still not positive that anyone in the JD can beat them. Maybe C'ville but they are in the west anyways.

Courtland, Huguenot will be improved... Is it enough to be a real challenger, I would lean towards no but we will see.

Have to disagree on that one. The Lake Taylor team in 2014 I believe was unbeatable. They were pure nasty.

I mean the East representative in the state title game has always been unbeaten coming into the game. 2013 Dinwiddie and 2014 LT remained so while 2015 LT, 2016 Dinwiddie, and 2017 Louisa lost.

Reactions: Salemgal
Sports Head doesn’t have a rude bone in his body. I didn’t call her dumb and arrogant, though i found the the statement to be. Salem 3 peated and their play speaks for itself. It is over now and there is no hard feelings either way. Glad you decided to come talk with the big boys and gals, Gunz :cool:

I dont think you do, but that was your words. That is why I replied

Have to disagree on that one. The Lake Taylor team in 2014 I believe was unbeatable. They were pure nasty.

The irony is... LT should or could have really lost to Monacan that year in the semi's. that was the blocked field goal returned by them for a TD. They got a field goal blocked and Monacan ran off the field in celebration and then LT kicker picked up the ball and walked into the end zone bc the blocked kick never crossed the line of scrimmage so it was a live ball. Heartbreaking for us.

The 2014 LT was an awesome team though no doubt, and they were nationally ranked also. But they dodged a big bullet on a heads up play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT