ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! KF beats OS

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
And does it in fine fashion as great defense and a passing game OS in the 2nd half could not even begin to contain. KF #1 seed in A and clear favorite in A and to go to finals in my opinion. On top of this KF should have had 2 more TDs!
My Lafayette would now need to beat rival Warhill, most likely DC at home and KF at their field to reach semi. Gulp and double Gulp!!!

Reactions: 1Gensfan
What’s final score
It was 29-23, but more importantly Smith had first and goal at the 4 yard line with less than a minute left and did not score (fumble, TFL, 2 yard gain, then 4th and goal from the 11-QB pressured and the pass was incomplete). KF's defense won that game (credit to matthew328826 for the sequence).

It was 29-23, but more importantly Smith had first and goal at the 4 yard line with less than a minute left and did not score (fumble, TFL, 2 yard gain, then 4th and goal from the 11-QB pressured and the pass was incomplete). KF's defense won that game (credit to matthew328826 for the sequence).
To be fair KF fumbled at the OS 1 yard line and had a long TD called back on a penalty. If they were to play again KF wins by 3 TDS. It was clear OS could not cover KFs passes at all. It is their very balanced attack that will drive opponents crazy the next 5 weeks.

Reactions: ForksUp
To be fair KF fumbled at the OS 1 yard line and had a long TD called back on a penalty. If they were to play again KF wins by 3 TDS. It was clear OS could not cover KFs passes at all. It is their very balanced attack that will drive opponents crazy the next 5 weeks.

German, the QB, has grown up so much since the WB loss.

I said it then and still believe KF was robbed of that win by the refs. In hindsight though I think they did us a favor. First, our guys expect to get calls against them. It is just gonna happen at this point. Maybe they don't like us. Maybe they don't like city of Suffolk schools. I don't know. But when it happens now, we just go and make another play. Second, German has turned a corner since. He's been playing really well. With Butts being as good as he's been it hasn't really shown. The last two weeks with Butts being bottled up, it has shown. The receiver talent was always there. Now if we could just get #1 to start catching some of those wide-open TDs it'd be great. He was actually out of the game following his second drop due to injury. That was disappointing because usually after he drops two, he comes back and gets the next one and it turns into a TD.

Gotta get Butts healthy and we should be cooking in the playoffs.

German, the QB, has grown up so much since the WB loss.

I said it then and still believe KF was robbed of that win by the refs. In hindsight though I think they did us a favor. First, our guys expect to get calls against them. It is just gonna happen at this point. Maybe they don't like us. Maybe they don't like city of Suffolk schools. I don't know. But when it happens now, we just go and make another play. Second, German has turned a corner since. He's been playing really well. With Butts being as good as he's been it hasn't really shown. The last two weeks with Butts being bottled up, it has shown. The receiver talent was always there. Now if we could just get #1 to start catching some of those wide-open TDs it'd be great. He was actually out of the game following his second drop due to injury. That was disappointing because usually after he drops two, he comes back and gets the next one and it turns into a TD.

Gotta get Butts healthy and we should be cooking in the playoffs.
Looks like your first game is Jamestown- name your own score. starters should be done by half time. We go at home against Warhill, Heritage NN at DC and Lake Taylor at Smithfield. The LT game should be real competitive! If top 4 survive we get DC at home. A real tough task but should really tell us who we are and how good.

Reactions: mbonape1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT