ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Wikki. We got popped fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

shauntclair

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
that YouTube thread had nothing but down side. I understand you putting it up there and I found it interesting also but nothing good would have come from it. A pre-emtive strike by Rod and most probably for the best.

Merry XMAs. Hope it was a good one for you and yours.

Actually had nothing to do with the topic.

The video was produced by a recruiting service and, as a general rule, we don't like to help promote those businesses.

Sorry.

The video was produced by a recruiting service and, as a general rule, we don't like to help promote those businesses.

Sorry.
No problem I understand.

Sorry.
I do understand not wanting to promote those services but, in this case, they just posted an interview available to many. However, in either case, the judgement was correct. No reason for apology.

I'm going to move on from this one. Merry Xmas. Happy New Year. Best to you and your family.

Rod, many of us will post a link, or cut and paste an article of general football interest. Mostly from area newspapers. Is this a violation of copyright rules. Or VP rules? I figured a little common sense was a good guide when linking anything. Just wanted to be sure that myself, and the rest of us try to do the right thing. Thanks.

Rod, many of us will post a link, or cut and paste an article of general football interest. Mostly from area newspapers. Is this a violation of copyright rules. Or VP rules? I figured a little common sense was a good guide when linking anything. Just wanted to be sure that myself, and the rest of us try to do the right thing. Thanks.
Me too because I had no idea, it was highlights and coaches talking after the game

Copying and pasting links to newspapers is just fine.

Copying and pasting an article should not be done.

Linking to recruiting services (sites who charge kids to help them get scholarship offers) should not be done.

I don't think it is, you're not taking credit for their work. I would think it would increase their readership and help tailor advertisement.

I don't think it is, you're not taking credit for their work. I would think it would increase their readership and help tailor advertisement.

Correct. If you are linking to an article, then you are sending traffic to that site. That is fine. The same as I would ask people to link to our articles and content.

Cutting and pasting the full article gives away others' information without them receiving any of the credit or traffic. Therefore, that should not be done.

What was the link she wanted us to see

Post-game video from the Class 4A state game produced by a recruiting services website.

Audio of the entire press conference has been provided by us in the game recap thread from that contest.

Yea Heard all of that. Most of it you can write off because it was right after a tough loss. And you should not judge the coach by a bad 10 minutes. But that was a real bad ten minutes. Very hard to respect the man if all you ever heard was that interview. Very diappointing

Reactions: salemfan32
Yea Heard all of that. Most of it you can write off because it was right after a tough loss. And you should not judge the coach by a bad 10 minutes. But that was a real bad ten minutes. Very hard to respect the man if all you ever heard was that interview. Very diappointing

FWIW, it is my understanding that he apologized at the coaches all-state meeting, specifically to Coach Magenbauer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT