ADVERTISEMENT

Wow

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
All the posts started out with Dinwiddie deserved to win and I wish Salem would not have fumbled as much to we got robbed in the game and championship game but good luck to Dinwiddie the rest of year to berating refs and fans and players. I am really sick of all the B.S. on all sides, especially when there are kids on both sides. I can tell you on our Facebook closed site that people are standing up against berating players and coaches and that includes Salem fans. I can remember a couple of plays in the 2015 state championship where there were questionable calls against us . I am so sick of all this . It is ridiculous . Bleeding Navy, Dinwiddie Proud and the most of " General Nation " did a great job but some of you need to grow up and that goes for some Salem fans too. Boy we are into conspiracy theories. Remember this it does your kids no good to say they were treated unfairly or cheated. Maybe they were or maybe they weren't. Later on in real life , in a job or life it happens a lot and they need to learn how to handle these situations. Everybody cries conspiracy or I'm not being treated fairly everytime something comes up in life. I coached in rec sports for a long time and I taught my own children that if you think you are being treated unfairly to try harder or deal with it. That is life folks. We have parents calling the school because their child was upset . My father, a WW2 veteran would have never done that. We teach disrespect. We are not parenting right. I call it like I see it. Maybe I said a couple of things I shouldn't have but I was right on point.

Anything publically complained about is a slap in the face, to the two teams worth of great kids that played their hearts out. Sportsmanship ruled the day down on the field, just like it did in Williamsburg last year.

So let us not sully a great effort by two great teams, by complaining about things that we can not prove, validate, or change.

Look at the big picture. Can you imagine the next time these two teams meet? If the stars lined up just perfect, it could be in December in Williamsburg. But for sure it will occurr in Dinwiddie, on a early September Friday, about a year from now.

Regardless of when these gladiators meet, it will be "Round 3"!

I'm blown away that some of their fans think the refs gave Salem the title and that it wasn't earned. I mean, it should make sense because every fanbase has people who make excuses after losses but I guess because the two frequent Dinwiddie posters here weren't making any I assumed they all were just like "hey, we lost, it happens" but the posters who only come out to crow about wins and not after losses seemed to prove me wrong.

Two good games, a win for each team. Everyone should be at least somewhat happy lol.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Im just glad we held on for the win. Would have been a long sad ride home down 460 last night after getting beat again.
BbN never shut up, all the way home. And to make it worse, he made me the brunt of his jokes, (although they were not even funny). I let him have is fun. It doesn't take much to keep him amused.

1MoreHokie, those few that gripe and complain no more represent Dinwiddie than the radical ones from Salem represent the Spartans.

Reactions: SpartanForce
All the posts started out with Dinwiddie deserved to win and I wish Salem would not have fumbled as much to we got robbed in the game and championship game but good luck to Dinwiddie the rest of year to berating refs and fans and players. I am really sick of all the B.S. on all sides, especially when there are kids on both sides. I can tell you on our Facebook closed site that people are standing up against berating players and coaches and that includes Salem fans. I can remember a couple of plays in the 2015 state championship where there were questionable calls against us . I am so sick of all this . It is ridiculous . Bleeding Navy, Dinwiddie Proud and the most of " General Nation " did a great job but some of you need to grow up and that goes for some Salem fans too. Boy we are into conspiracy theories. Remember this it does your kids no good to say they were treated unfairly or cheated. Maybe they were or maybe they weren't. Later on in real life , in a job or life it happens a lot and they need to learn how to handle these situations. Everybody cries conspiracy or I'm not being treated fairly everytime something comes up in life. I coached in rec sports for a long time and I taught my own children that if you think you are being treated unfairly to try harder or deal with it. That is life folks. We have parents calling the school because their child was upset . My father, a WW2 veteran would have never done that. We teach disrespect. We are not parenting right. I call it like I see it. Maybe I said a couple of things I shouldn't have but I was right on point.
Well said free. Dinwiddie folks are great people and just as Salem fans love their football team. I dont subscribe to facebook, so I have no clue about that. Oh well all we need is Don King and we can make millions on the third round of this epic saga.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT