ADVERTISEMENT

WP JV

Twobyfour

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 17, 2011
Just want to give props to a great group of young men for going undefeated this year. 7-0
20 kids finished the season. Dont have any superstarz, just some hard working smart young men. They've not lost a game since the first game of last season, 7-1 14 strait
WP 42- Rapp 0
WP 52- Nhmptn 0
WP 41- Colonial Beach 6
WP 28- Msex 7
WP 35- KQ 0
WP 22- KW 21
WP 48- Windsor 0

Proud to be a Pointer! Proud of these kids and the way they grind!

I shouldnt have to post th following, but after being accused of playing a bunch of 10th graders, I just want to make it clear that is not the case.
6 10th graders, 4 9th graders, 10 8th graders. Starting wingbacks were 8th and 9th
Last years team had 20 kids also. 4 10th graders, 12 9th graders, 4 8th graders.
Last years team starters inlcuded an 8th grade wb, a 9th grade wb and a 9th grade tb.

Last edited:
Looks like that defense was rather stout. Congratulations on a great season.

Also, out of curiousity, I would like to know how other schools handle their 10 graders? At WP, you move up when the varsity coach determines the kid has progressed enough to be an asset to the varsity. If the kid has not developed or is a first year player, they stay on JV, for the most part. I played at WP in the mid 80s, and we never brought down kids that played varsity, ever. That is still the way its done.

Essex has 10 sophomores playing on varsity and 1 freshman. I do believe all have gotten some playing time. Not only as subs when the game is pretty much won but a good number of them have been mixed in during the games and have produced. The freshman is only 5’2” 130lbs. but don’t back down against the bigger kids. Not 100% on this but I think he has scored some TDs.

Reactions: Twobyfour
Also, out of curiousity, I would like to know how other schools handle their 10 graders? At WP, you move up when the varsity coach determines the kid has progressed enough to be an asset to the varsity. If the kid has not developed or is a first year player, they stay on JV, for the most part. I played at WP in the mid 80s, and we never brought down kids that played varsity, ever. That is still the way its done.

Pretty sure there aren't 10 graders on any or maybe just 1 team in Shenandoah. Only reason I say maybe one, is I heard someone say a JV team "brought down" some 10 graders to play them. I dont know if that's true or just someone saying it

KW jv played one team twice this year. First game KW won 41-0. Second game the other team brought down a bunch of 10th graders and won 8-6. KWs main jv players are 8th graders including their qb and rb and several wrs plus a good majority of their defense as well.

Reactions: gwb16
Essex has 10 sophomores playing on varsity and 1 freshman. I do believe all have gotten some playing time. Not only as subs when the game is pretty much won but a good number of them have been mixed in during the games and have produced. The freshman is only 5’2” 130lbs. but don’t back down against the bigger kids. Not 100% on this but I think he has scored some TDs.
How many players does Essex have total? I counted 16 seniors last wk

KW jv played one team twice this year. First game KW won 41-0. Second game the other team brought down a bunch of 10th graders and won 8-6. KWs main jv players are 8th graders including their qb and rb and several wrs plus a good majority of their defense as well.
KW is gonna be very competitve the next few years, no doubt

So no JV players dress out with varsity in Essex or does some of those 10th graders do both?
Not sure about all that. I have not been to a jv game all year due to work hours, to know who’s on the jv team and if any dress with varsity or do both.

Pretty sure there aren't 10 graders on any or maybe just 1 team in Shenandoah. Only reason I say maybe one, is I heard someone say a JV team "brought down" some 10 graders to play them. I dont know if that's true or just someone saying it
There is one team for sure that brought down some 10th graders, and played them 3 out of the last 4 weeks.
Before anyone asks, it wasn’t the Red team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT