ADVERTISEMENT

WP - My one and only post

Nov 2, 2017
I'm the former AD at WP and was referenced in an earlier post insinuating that I was making negative statements concerning WP. This will be my only post. I received a message from several people yesterday asking why I would be posting. I had no idea what they were talking about until I read the posts yesterday morning. I texted the poster who referenced me and since a retraction wasn't posted I thought I would.

I have dedicated my life to education and high school athletics. I know as an AD some people are not going to agree with your decisions or opinions and that comes with job. I loved my job at WP and had a great relationship with the majority of students, coaches, faculty, administration, and families there. I left WP to grow professionally in administration and would welcome the opportunity to return to WP one day.

I was often told as the AD that I would make different decisions when my kids were up there. Honestly, every decision I made was with the idea that my kids would be playing for WP one day. That's how I was able to rest easy most nights. Does that mean I never made mistakes or every decision is popular - of course not. However, I made decisions based on what I believed at the time was in the best interest of all kids and for the development of programs not specific individuals and sometimes that hurts and people will take it personal. I never do.

I didn't leave WP because of anything negative. I love WP. The WP community welcomed me with open arms and I have always felt like WP was a new home for me and my family. I pay tuition for my 3 children to attend WP, my wife still teaches there, and I hope to continue to help out with the basketball program. My heart still bleeds blue & orange and always will. I've always dealt with any issues or concerns with direct lines of communication and not on social media and for someone to suggest otherwise is very hurtful to me and reckless.

WP players, coaches, families etc. should be focusing on preparing for a victory this week and proving people wrong in the playoffs next week. All of the negative meaningless banter back and forth is distracting to the goal of victory on Friday nights. Good luck to all of our teams as they move into the postseason and winter sports begins. WP volleyball has the opportunity tonight to make it to the state tournament tonight with a victory - go get it Lady Pointers!

I'm the former AD at WP and was referenced in an earlier post insinuating that I was making negative statements concerning WP. This will be my only post. I received a message from several people yesterday asking why I would be posting. I had no idea what they were talking about until I read the posts yesterday morning. I texted the poster who referenced me and since a retraction wasn't posted I thought I would.

I have dedicated my life to education and high school athletics. I know as an AD some people are not going to agree with your decisions or opinions and that comes with job. I loved my job at WP and had a great relationship with the majority of students, coaches, faculty, administration, and families there. I left WP to grow professionally in administration and would welcome the opportunity to return to WP one day.

I was often told as the AD that I would make different decisions when my kids were up there. Honestly, every decision I made was with the idea that my kids would be playing for WP one day. That's how I was able to rest easy most nights. Does that mean I never made mistakes or every decision is popular - of course not. However, I made decisions based on what I believed at the time was in the best interest of all kids and for the development of programs not specific individuals and sometimes that hurts and people will take it personal. I never do.

I didn't leave WP because of anything negative. I love WP. The WP community welcomed me with open arms and I have always felt like WP was a new home for me and my family. I pay tuition for my 3 children to attend WP, my wife still teaches there, and I hope to continue to help out with the basketball program. My heart still bleeds blue & orange and always will. I've always dealt with any issues or concerns with direct lines of communication and not on social media and for someone to suggest otherwise is very hurtful to me and reckless.

WP players, coaches, families etc. should be focusing on preparing for a victory this week and proving people wrong in the playoffs next week. All of the negative meaningless banter back and forth is distracting to the goal of victory on Friday nights. Good luck to all of our teams as they move into the postseason and winter sports begins. WP volleyball has the opportunity tonight to make it to the state tournament tonight with a victory - go get it Lady Pointers!

classy post Coach

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT