ADVERTISEMENT

WP vs Poq scrimmage

Twobyfour

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 17, 2011
scrimmage was moved to thursday for weather concerns supposedly. With all the talk about Poq being a pre season 2A finalist, presumeably since they are moving down from 3A to 2A, I had figured it would be a tough go for my Pointers. Having said that, I am sure everyone on the WP side left the game with a great deal of confidence. WP controlled both lines imo, and would likely have won the game had it actually counted. Now there were many mistakes by both teams as expected, and I have no way of knowing what Poq objectives were, or if they had all their starters etc. It seemed Wp outgianed them on offense and bottled them up on defense. Poq only score came on a busted play, botched handoff exchange when their qb kept the ball and just happened to take off thru the gap where Wp left due to the fact they only had 10 guys on the field. Again, this is just my observation and summary, and after the last two seasons in which they have not had the success many had thought they should. If these young men stay healthy and focused they will have their best season in quite a while. If you cant tell, I am excited about the future for our guys the nxt few years

Reactions: riversportsfan
With their schedule, WP has a legit shot to go 9-1 or 10-0. How much do you think not having the Porter kid hurts them?

Oh okay. Must have been a rumor. Plenty of those out there, but I had heard awhile back he was going to play for another school

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT