ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling State Championships. Article on Grundy Wrestling Attached

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
Grundy Wrestling History, Founder, Goes for 24th State Title

The wrestling state tournaments in Virginia are today, tomorrow, and Monday. I found this article in the Bristol Herald when reading their write-up on the Union and Radford Hoops game. I found it definitely worth posting. It's about the guy who kind of started it all in Grundy with their wrestling program. I know Grundy is 1A, but this article is post worthy on any VA Preps forum. The 1A championships are today as Grundy goes for its 24th wrestling state title and Golden Wave are heavy favorites. The 2A championships are Monday and the 3A championships are tomorrow (Sunday). In 2A, Poquoson goes for it's 4th straight title as the heavy favorites. Also in 2A, Graham's Justin Fritz, a senior, tries to cap off a perfect run with his 4th straight state individual title and he's a heavy favorite.

The above article is very interesting and if you are not familiar with not a state wide powerhouse, but National Powerhouse Grundy wrestling, it's worth the read.

I know it's a 2A board, but following up on the initial post, Grundy just won the state championship again today. The title is number 24 for Grundy in wrestling. 24 titles is a whole bunch of titles! Final Team results in 1A were

1. Grundy
2. Riverheads
3. Rural Retreat

Reactions: 19GHS87
there has been millions of dollars poured through the grundy wrestling program over the past 30+ years, they have been coached by university of iowa all americans during this time, the kids over the years have bought into this program and put the time and effort for this to happen, people all over the USA in wrestling know where grundy is,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT