ADVERTISEMENT

Yo Devils

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
My good friend who is defensive coordinator at Monticello posted a status today that they open the season hosting Lake Taylor? Is this set in stone and final? Interesting pick up for your guys if so.

Yea it's true we have practiced there the last two times we played in the states and their AD's have been very helpful. They reached out we were fielding other offers, but Highland Springs and the team from NC are dragging their feet and we need 2 games so we went ahead and locked up a game with Monticello yesterday. So now we have 1 game left and about 5 teams we are talking to right now. So our schedule so far is:
8/27 at Heritage (Newport News)
9/4 at Monticello

Look man don't be sitting around with your friend scheming up some defense that is impenetrable. Lol
This post was edited on 12/17 5:43 PM by DEVILSLB99

Always scheming man, always. I'm really not sure how much competition you guys will get from Monticello. Woody and Lovelace are great guys as well as coaches so their players will be go to war for them. They were inconsistent this past year but that's an interesting matchup. Glad you guys worked that out, good to see teams from different areas playing each other.
That Heritage game will be great, the lose Holloway and some others but they've got some talent coming back and they way they've played under those coaches and being the NN Magnet school, wouldn't be surprised if they landed a quality transfer. That section of the News, as you know, has talent galore anyway. If those coaches stay there, that team will be competitive every year.

This post was edited on 12/17 5:53 PM by one man

Originally posted by DEVILSLB99:
Yea it's true we have practiced there the last two times we played in the states and their AD's have been very helpful. They reached out we were fielding other offers, but Highland Springs and the team from NC are dragging their feet and we need 2 games so we went ahead and locked up a game with Monticello yesterday. So now we have 1 game left and about 5 teams we are talking to right now. So our schedule so far is:
8/27 at Heritage (Newport News)
9/4 at Monticello

Look man don't be sitting around with your friend scheming up some defense that is impenetrable. Lol

This post was edited on 12/17 5:43 PM by DEVILSLB99
Part of my mind thought this matchup would happen. Monticello will be loaded again so it should be an interesting early-season matchup.

Why is HS dragging their feet? Sounds like this would be a matchup they would covet.

POINTS!!! Would be my guess, beat a softer 5a school or lose to a great 4a school. Complete opinion why they are dragging, still trying/hoping for an easier 5a match up what do I know though.

Sometimes more points can be had by playing a great team, even in a loss, than beating a soft team. Besides, think of the experience that will be gained by "playing up" against superior competition. Your team gets a chance to see one of the very best, you will learn a lot about your team in the process, gives you a lot of motivation in the offseason to not be embarrassed or even to pull off the upset! And as I said first: even losing to a Great Lake Taylor will garner Monticello infinitely more points in the end than mashing an overmatched George Wythe team. I am excited for the match-up and challenge!

It was always sitting in my back pocket kinda don't want to get stuck playing two tomato cans and getting zero points. So at least we get a team that is going to win 7-9 games on a yearly basis.

Should be very interesting and I've been peeping' the NC Preps Message Boards and i've seen a lot of fans hyping up a New Bern/LT game which would probably be "the game of the year". New Bern and LT are nearly identical...Speed, speed, speed, and a lot of knock you in the mouth football players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT