ADVERTISEMENT

Your team’s top 5 moments of the season

Yes!!!! Tuscarora's big running back busted through the line for what looked like it was going to be a big gainer, he approached 5'8" 170lb. Dynamo Billy Kemp and tried to hurdle him.... Billy stood his ass up, caught him in mid air and slammed him to the ground!!! Billy jumped up in excitement as the big running back lied on the ground reeling in pain! He walked off the field, but he got lit up like a Christmas Tree on that play!! Amazing!!
Go Springers- 3X State Champs!

Reactions: lyhsports
No order and state is obvious so I'll leave that out:

- How any PO game went; some results expected but how the games unfolded I don't think you could have predicted for any of the five games
- Losing to Blacksburg
- Beating Blacksburg
- Viante Tucker's 250 yard game against Amherst
- Watching Ramsey redeem himself and finally be let loose, rewriting the record books along the way

This just mummy opinion and top 5 moments i enjoyed this season.

HM: The Defensive performance vs. Blacksburg. So many times in that game the defense bailed the offense out. They limited the running game and the young pass rushers dominated. Watch out for Jacori Kittrell, Jadan Merriman, and Holden Fretz next year. Might very well be one of the best pass rushes in the state!

5. Dresean Kendrick’s coming out game versus Brookville. A loss, but amazing to see Glass erase a 17-0 deficit in less than 3 minutes. Big plays at Qb to score a touchdown, then a 70yd pick 6 on defense right after that.

4. Offensive Explosion vs. Jefferson Forest. Even though JF’s defense leaves a little to be desired, Glass spread the ball around and produced its highest point total of the season. Matt Maccallum was poised, and the weapons went off.

3. The ending of the Charlottesville game! What a thriller! Thomas Patterson coming back in the game after having cramps in the 3th quarter to put the team on His back and score the game winner in OT. Nijal Anthony with the interception to set up the field position for the CLUTCH Tre Alexander TD. That game was sloppy but the ending was exciting. That game gave a glimpse of the Glass defense.

2. Glass D shutting down the Byrd offense and getting their first playoff win since 2005, and first 8 win season since 1998.

1. Glass shocking the city and beating a very good Heritage team that they had not beaten since 2010. Many people doubted they would win. The defense and defensive gameplan was stellar. Put the whole city on notice that Glass football is back!

Reactions: Timberlake1985
Yes!!!! Tuscarora's big running back busted through the line for what looked like it was going to be a big gainer, he approached 5'8" 170lb. Dynamo Billy Kemp and tried to hurdle him.... Billy stood his ass up, caught him in mid air and slammed him to the ground!!! Billy jumped up in excitement as the big running back lied on the ground reeling in pain! He walked off the field, but he got lit up like a Christmas Tree on that play!! Amazing!!
Go Springers- 3X State Champs!
This was the hit right here...

I could name a lot of great moments but one particular moment will stay with me. Number 26 5 foot 7. 150 pounds Nathan Delby a senior is thrown into the starting lineup due to injury. He has been in the program since he was a 105 pound freshman. He is matched up against a 6 foot 6 wide receiver from Louisa. They throw right at him, jump ball in the 4th qt. He goes through the kids hands and breaks up the reception. Now that's Salem football.

I could name a lot of great moments but one particular moment will stay with me. Number 26 5 foot 7. 150 pounds Nathan Delby a senior is thrown into the starting lineup due to injury. He has been in the program since he was a 105 pound freshman. He is matched up against a 6 foot 6 wide receiver from Louisa. They throw right at him, jump ball in the 4th qt. He goes through the kids hands and breaks up the reception. Now that's Salem football.

Really wasn't a jump ball, they threw a post route right into the safety, safety made contact on the ball and then the pick. I was surprise Louisa didn't try a fade or "jump ball" given the height discrepancy. Kudos to that young man for sticking it out.

Really wasn't a jump ball, they threw a post route right into the safety, safety made contact on the ball and then the pick. I was surprise Louisa didn't try a fade or "jump ball" given the height discrepancy. Kudos to that young man for sticking it out.
The play I was referring to was before the pick off by 5 when he came over from his safety position to help in the end zone. In was on the Salem sideline

Reactions: catchtds
5. Opening kickoff return for a TD against Fluvanna. Rakeem Davis! Heading to JMU. Kicked off our homecoming game with a TD, en route to a 76-6 victory over the Flucos.

4. The second quarter against James Monroe. They scored, we scored, they scored. It was 14-6 at the end of the first. Then our defense clamped in the rain and it was 19-0 in the second quarter, and we beat JM (an eventual state Final Four team) 46-21.

3. Our offense in the 4th quarter of the Glass game. We were down 7-0 at the start of the fourth, then we finally broke through, and one of our lineman had a one handed interception and we scored again. We were up 14-7 with only a few minutes left before losing 21-20 in OT at City Stadium.

2. Sam Neale's performance against Monticello. We usually rely on the run, but this game Neale (heading to Washington and Lee for football) threw for 216 yards and 5 TDs for our second win over the Mustangs in as many years.

1. Clutch time crunch time against Harrisonburg. True, our defense stunk. We outscored Harrisonburg 19-15 in the 4th, with three scores with under 10 minutes to play. Sabias Folley punched in the game winner with about 40 seconds left, and we won 40-35.

5. Opening kickoff return for a TD against Fluvanna. Rakeem Davis! Heading to JMU. Kicked off our homecoming game with a TD, en route to a 76-6 victory over the Flucos.

4. The second quarter against James Monroe. They scored, we scored, they scored. It was 14-6 at the end of the first. Then our defense clamped in the rain and it was 19-0 in the second quarter, and we beat JM (an eventual state Final Four team) 46-21.

3. Our offense in the 4th quarter of the Glass game. We were down 7-0 at the start of the fourth, then we finally broke through, and one of our lineman had a one handed interception and we scored again. We were up 14-7 with only a few minutes left before losing 21-20 in OT at City Stadium.

2. Sam Neale's performance against Monticello. We usually rely on the run, but this game Neale (heading to Washington and Lee for football) threw for 216 yards and 5 TDs for our second win over the Mustangs in as many years.

1. Clutch time crunch time against Harrisonburg. True, our defense stunk. We outscored Harrisonburg 19-15 in the 4th, with three scores with under 10 minutes to play. Sabias Folley punched in the game winner with about 40 seconds left, and we won 40-35.
That one handed interception was awesome!

Reactions: blackknight_pride
ADVERTISEMENT