ADVERTISEMENT

Your thoughts? Article about private school in Washington (cross posted)

Seems to me like straight up cowardice.

The parents appear to be leading the charge...

What are 117 lb. freshman doing starting for a varsity football team, if true and not just your run of the mill worry wort mother getting her 15 minutes of fame?

Put me in the "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" camp.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Yeh play the games, cowards. On another note , wasn't there a similar issue at your neighboring high school @Tom Potter in the last couple of years?

I'm afraid you are correct Hamspear....

Some of the Loudoun Valley parents were wringing their hands and wailing about 3A Valley playing bigger schools with bigger teams....
I believe most of the kids getting hurt occurred in team practices!

Then the next year or soon after, the same group, most likely, wanted their kids to have those helmet hit monitor things on all of the kids.... Yeah that kerfuffle
ended up getting the head coach fired.

But I will tell these folks were not worried when, the first year I moved to the area, I watched a Wakefield H.S. team come out to Valley and play them with 13 varsity kids (no shit)!!

Yeah it was a GOFAW but Wakefield got on that bus and drove at least 1.5 hours and showed up!

Life is showing up. Football is not a sport for the faint of heart.

Every parent has the right to protect their children from harm. I thank God my mother and father didn't exercise their right!

Reactions: VolNation85
Every parent has the right to protect their children from harm. I thank God my mother and father didn't exercise their right!

Agreed, it is not only their right but their duty to protect their children.

The only thing I missed about high school, post graduation, was Football & Friday night games.

I would never deny my sons that opportunity and I warned my wife, most likely before we married, that my male spawn would play football if they wanted too.

And now, I thank God that my youngest son has chosen to play H.S., freshman football.

This is a joke to me. Sure every parent has the responsibility of protecting their child but if safety is such a concern, don't allow them to play at all. Choose another sport. To me, size can be as much of a disadvantage as an advantage. I would be embarrassed to be associated with a team that forfeited a game because the other team was too big.

What lesson does that teach our youth? That it's okay to quit or "run" from a situation if it seems too difficult?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT