ADVERTISEMENT

Youth Football Coaches

BCKnights

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 25, 2013
I coach the Buckingham 10-11 year JV team and would like to put together a scrimmage August 10th with a nearby org. If interested let me know so we can set something up. I know this is a high school board but I don't know who to contact so I thought this was a good way.

Reactions: moto138
I coach the Buckingham 10-11 year JV team and would like to put together a scrimmage August 10th with a nearby org. If interested let me know so we can set something up. I know this is a high school board but I don't know who to contact so I thought this was a good way.

Just to help you out, the wording of this doesn't make sense.

10-11 year JV team. I don't know if you mean Sophomore and Juniors or 10 and 11 year old kids which then isnt JV. I know that in Augusta county that only 8th-9th graders play JV so I was confused reading your post

To help clarify the James River Youth Football League has 3 divisions of tackle and calls them minors, JV, and Varsity. So yes our 10-11 year olds are playing JV football in Buckingham and other JRD counties lol just not JV high school ball

To help clarify the James River Youth Football League has 3 divisions of tackle and calls them minors, JV, and Varsity. So yes our 10-11 year olds are playing JV football in Buckingham and other JRD counties lol just not JV high school ball

That explains it. I was SO confused

10-11 year JV team. I don't know if you mean Sophomore and Juniors or 10 and 11 year old kids which then isnt JV. I know that in Augusta county that only 8th-9th graders play JV so I was confused reading your post
Thats not entirely true, Fort defiance plays some sophomores on Jv. Lee has for years as well and until this coming years Waynesboro always had some on their jv team.

It does say youth football coaches. Come on man be for real.

Thank you to the coaches that understood and contacted me. Looking forward to it.

One word lefted out confused you that much then something is wrong.

Well it's the way it was worded. 10-11 year JV team. Just because you know what you are meaning doesn't mean everyone else would. I figured you meant 10-11 YEAR OLDS, but maybe other areas would have no clue you call that age group JV.

And to act like like that after I was TRYING TO HELP YOU by getting it clarified so people knew exactly what you were saying is ridiculous. Now I wish I hadn't said a word to try and help

Do you mean 10-11 yr olds or 10-11 graders? Would've been a good response. It did say Youth League Coaches. The fact that 5 youth league coaches inboxed me that understood made me think you were being sarcastic. My bad I apologize for taking it the wrong way thanks.If

Do you mean 10-11 yr olds or 10-11 graders? Would've been a good response. It did say Youth League Coaches. The fact that 5 youth league coaches inboxed me that understood made me think you were being sarcastic. My bad I apologize for taking it the wrong way thanks.If

That is basically what I said, just had a few more words. And I obviously saw the thing about youth or a question wouldn't be necessary, would just be seen as 10-11 JV.

I had no idea JV would be used for youth teams. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just the name alone is confusing.

But just for clarification, here are some other classifications used, which if I heard them I would have been nearly as confused: Mighty Mites, Jr. Pee Wee, Pee Wee, Jr. Midget, Midgets, Juniors, Seniors, Explorers, Governors, Founders, Presidents.

Then you have the different ways teams divide. Some do it by age only, so do it by age and size, some do it by just size. And all have different rules.

But you came across as rude because I didn't understand what you were saying, and replied twice with snide comments even after someone had clarified it and I replied that I understood then.

Well it's the way it was worded. 10-11 year JV team. Just because you know what you are meaning doesn't mean everyone else would. I figured you meant 10-11 YEAR OLDS, but maybe other areas would have no clue you call that age group JV.

And to act like like that after I was TRYING TO HELP YOU by getting it clarified so people knew exactly what you were saying is ridiculous. Now I wish I hadn't said a word to try and help

I was confused too. Don't feel bad ha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT