ADVERTISEMENT

Zac Ervin has Decommitted from Wofford

sharkfan83

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 30, 2015
Due to the recent events of Young leaving Wofford for VT.....Zac was granted a release and has chosen to take that release to look into his options. He has officially decommitted from Wofford.

Appy State was quick to send him an offer soon after this occurred. Feel as if maybe he tries to get something working with VT now....who knows. I'm sure there will be plenty more info and more scholarships thrown his way in the next few days.

Last edited:
As a Tech fan, I would love to have him on their roster. I'm really hoping it works out that he is.

I know what you're saying Marshall and I agree 100%....I dont see it happening. But I had heard some rumors swirling and a few came from some trustworthy individuals. Tech is losing quite a bit and their recruiting has taken a hit since Buzz has left as well. Zac isnt ACC athletic.....but he is ACC sharpshooter caliber. Hes not great on D but hes solid. And you wont find a player with a better basketball IQ. He makes up for the lack of athleticism with his intelligence. Add that with his 6'5" frame and his ability to shoot....and maybe Young offers him at VT. I could see him landing at ETSU or Appy State. But the bigger priority for Zac is academics. Hes very intelligent and hes academics all the way

Sharkfan, agree with you 100 percent but one thing to add. His ball handling ability and the ability with that 6'5 frame to creat his own shot. It's exactly what McClung has done his first year at GT. He in fact, can create his own shot and that is huge in ability to play at a high D1 level.1 Ervin with his height, has the ability to defend an offensive three position. His height will allow him to also cover some 2 guards as he can recover with that height after getting beat off the dribble, and his height allows him to covers some threes who may not be as quick.

Offensively, this kid played lots of 1 guard against us and RE Lee in 18 and us in 2019. He handles the ball exceptionally well (better than McClung I think), and he's 6'5. He can play at Virginia Tech. I think his height coupled with the ball handling skills will allow him to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT