ADVERTISEMENT

Zyan Sturdivant receives a prestigious offer today.

What a fantastic offer for a wonderful kid. He has worked extremely hard on and off the field. I was started to get concerned for him as the offers have not come as expected. Just goes to show how hitting the books can make a difference. Way to go Zyan.

Congratulations to Mr. S! He must be an impressive young man. That video was pretty cool.

If Zyan wants to take a day off to reflect on all that this honor means, oh say, September 8th (just picking a day completely at random), I'm fine with that.

SpartanofYore, your post was too funny and fits you to a tee. Respectful, classy and appreciated. I am sure he will have plenty of time to reflect on it by September 8, 2017. If not he can start pondering it again on September 9, 2017. He is built like a mini tank, so this offer suits him well. He will provide the Salem defense and Pinello (mlb) quite a challenge. Can we just get this game over with. lol

Congratulations to Mr. S! He must be an impressive young man. That video was pretty cool.

If Zyan wants to take a day off to reflect on all that this honor means, oh say, September 8th (just picking a day completely at random), I'm fine with that.
I loved it, and was in need of a laugh! Your timing is impeccable.

IMG_2478revLqy.jpg

#6 Dinwiddie RB Zyan Sturdivant (Photo: Kim McCaffrey/recruit804)

The Black Knights, in need of a General, send an offer to Dinwiddie RB Zyan Sturdivant
by Brandon Mitchell, recruit804

Dinwiddie starting running back Zyan Sturdivant injured his shoulder during a week six matchup against Thomas Dale in which the Generals claimed a victory.

He decided to continue to play for the Generals all the way through the end season including the Group 4A state championship game against Salem. At the conclusion of the postseason Sturdivant was evaluated, diagnosed with a torn labrum, and scheduled for a surgical procedure to repair his shoulder. Since then, the Dinwiddie product has done whatever takes to get back to on the football field. It was a process for Sturdivant (SR RB 5-8 190) to get back to where he once was; however, with diligence and much resolve he has been able to return to full strength. Noticing what the community around Dinwiddie and the Central District has known all along, the United States Military Academy has taken a liking to Sturdivant’s accelerated style of play. So much that they decided to provide Sturdivant with his first offer on Thursday afternoon.

“It feels pretty good and I feel like all our hard work is paying off. I love the coaches down there and they definitely made me feel at home on my visit,” Sturdivant told recruit804.

The Dinwiddie prospect has only taken one visit to West Point since they’ve shown interest and one visit was all it took for both parties to make a positive impression on the one another. Last season Sturdivant spent time in the backfield with Tye Freeland (Howard University) and Joseph Tyree (SR SS/RB 6-1 195) accumulating 22 touchdowns on 1,767 rushing yards. Although injured Sturdivant was able to pick up First Team All-State, All-Conference, and All-Region honors. James Madison, Towson, and Georgetown have all been showing interest with Georgetown receiving a camp visit from Sturdivant during the last week of July.

Sturdivant picks up his first offer on the verge of Dinwiddie teammate K’Vaughan Pope (SR ATH 6-2 210) announcing his verbal commitment on Friday, August 4. Early speculation pegs Ohio State as a possible front runner to receive a commitment from Pope.

– Brandon Mitchell

Again, impressive. But, although I've followed collegiate sports reasonably closely for forty years, as God is my witness - I don't think I knew that Georgetown has a football program.

That’s awesome and a great player no doubt , but they are going to cut that hair haha..... congratulations!

That’s awesome and a great player no doubt , but they are going to cut that hair haha..... congratulations!
You are a little late on this one. He did not have to cut his hair. He signed with the Shepherd Rams, started at rb and led the team in rushing last season as a freshman.

I apologize , I am not familiar with this area . I didn’t realize this was old news . Sorry I will mind my own business . Once again sorry
Absolutely not, sir. You jump in with you comments anytime you want. None of us, especially me, are up to date on all the "going ons." My goodness, I stay behind on news a lot more than I stay current.

I apologize , I am not familiar with this area . I didn’t realize this was old news . Sorry I will mind my own business . Once again sorry
No need to apologize. I actually found your post to be on point. He just chose to go in a different direction.

ADVERTISEMENT