ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Team in VA

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
MaxPreps listed Bishop Sullivan as the Top HS Football Team in Virginia. They listed a few studs but they've lost more D1 players than most anyone had expected.

I wonder who/where they got their information to make that determination? Somehow they decided to ignore 3 Top teams which all have dominated their respective Divisions. Uh, I think Westfield, Highland Springs and Salem would ALL have decent arguments to the contrary!

If there was a way to place a bet on how BSCHS finishes their season compared to any of those teams, I'd take that money all day long.

MaxPreps listed Bishop Sullivan as the Top HS Football Team in Virginia. They listed a few studs but they've lost more D1 players than most anyone had expected.

I wonder who/where they got their information to make that determination? Somehow they decided to ignore 3 Top teams which all have dominated their respective Divisions. Uh, I think Westfield, Highland Springs and Salem would ALL have decent arguments to the contrary!

If there was a way to place a bet on how BSCHS finishes their season compared to any of those teams, I'd take that money all day long.
I know it's 7v7,but Bishop Sullivan did not fare well at Powerade Tournament last weekend. They were VERY mediocre.
Phoebus beat them 2x and they were out early! Phoebus finished 1st place.
HS beat Phoebus once and lost to them in a close one in the Semi Final of the playoff. HS finished 9-1 in the tournament 4th place I think. (48 teams).
I think the Phantoms will be very tough this year!
HSHS will be very tough too. I'm sure Westfield will too.
I would place HSHS and Westfield #1 & #2

Reactions: mbonape1
I know it's 7v7,but Bishop Sullivan did not fare well at Powerade Tournament last weekend. They were VERY mediocre.
Phoebus beat them 2x and they were out early! Phoebus finished 1st place.
HS beat Phoebus once and lost to them in a close one in the Semi Final of the playoff. HS finished 9-1 in the tournament 4th place I think. (48 teams).
I think the Phantoms will be very tough this year!
HSHS will be very tough too. I'm sure Westfield will too.
I would place HSHS and Westfield #1 & #2

I think Life Christian will beat BSHS. They are on each others schedule

Back to 757's point, BS the best team in the state? They weren't even close to that last year and lost a ton of talent for this year. MaxPreps is good for only one thing, a quick look at schedules.
2 weeks from tomorrow. Gonna hear some pads poppin' and a taste of High School football!!!! DP, you still going to RMC to check out the scrimmage?

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I'm pretty sure they didn't go to JMU. After Charlotte's Powerade 7v7, they went to Christopher Newport for team camp for 3 days. Pretty sure Charlotte was the end of their 7v7 play.
I was asking because I seen an article in a local newspaper saying they were there. Unreliable paper to say the least.

I was asking because I seen an article in a local newspaper saying they were there. Unreliable paper to say the least.
I asked one of the coaches. HS's JV team went to JMU, Varsity did not. He said it was not his best showing of his mostly Freshmen and some Sophomores. All in all, the JV had a real good 7v7 season! Good experience for the youngsters.
The Varsity had only 1 loss during this Spring and Summer that 1 loss was to Phoebus in the Powerade Semifinal round.

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT