3.Parry McCluer
4.Colonial Beach

5.Galax
6.Rappahannock
7.Honaker
8.Riverheads
9.Mathews
10.Narrows vs Fort Chiswell tonight 2/2

FC doesn't have the rebounding they had last year and size will beat them every time.

FC doesn't have the rebounding they had last year and size will beat them every time.
I didn't see them getting beat like that, Rye Cove lost big to eastside also, I am not sure about galax but I don't feel these others teams can compete with the top four. Fort Chiswell can still make it past regionals but they will have a tough road ahead of them.

Good game by both but Rapp fell short. What are the standing for Conf. 43 girls. Essex girls won again tonight I think that's a FIVE wins in a row

Good game by both but Rapp fell short. What are the standing for Conf. 43 girls. Essex girls won again tonight I think that's a FIVE wins in a row
I have it like this but could be wrong
9-0 Colonial Beach
6-4 Lancaster
5-4 Essex
3-4 Rapp
3-4 Rapp Co
1-8 Northcumberland
hard to keep up with who is in what conf.

2K4's 1A Girls Basketball Rankings 2/4/2017
1.Surry County
George Wythe
3.Parry McCluer
4.Colonial Beach

5. Honaker+2
6.Fort Chiswell +3
7.Galax-2
8. Essex+3
9.Mathews-1
10.Lancaster+2

Last edited:
Those teams don't play a conference schedule. Five of them play a Northern Neck District schedule and the other plays a Bull Run District schedule. Post-season seedings are based on power rating determined by all games played.

Those teams don't play a conference schedule. Five of them play a Northern Neck District schedule and the other plays a Bull Run District schedule. Post-season seedings are based on power rating determined by all games played.
Is there a posted standings for these teams based on the power-rating? Or is it done after the season is over?

2K4's 1A Girls Basketball Rankings 2/8/2017
1. Surry County
2. Parry McCluer

3. George Wythe
4. Colonial Beach
5. Honaker

6. Eastside
7. Mathews
8 Cumberland
9.Fort Chiswell
10.Essex
My final season rankings. Those are my 8 picks for State.

Last edited:
1.Surry Co. vs. 4.Eastside

..........................................1.Surry Co. vs. 3. George Wythe

2.Colonial Beach vs. 3.Honaker

..................................................1.Surry Co. vs. 2.Parry McCluer

1.Parry McCluer vs. 4.Cumberland

............................................ 2.Parry McCluer vs.4.Colonial Beach
2.George Wythe vs. 3. Mathews

And this is how I see it going down! Good luck to all the teams, it will be an exciting finish to 2017.

Last edited:
As I see the brackets in the west, I see one problem with your analysis. After the conference play in the west, the next game GW or FC will have to play PM in a must win game to advance. I think anything can happen with those teams. Maybe even Galax in the mix instead of FC?? One of these 3 teams wont be advancing after that game. Also I am surprised my Riverheads girls are not on your radar.... We will know soon I guess.

As I see the brackets in the west, I see one problem with your analysis. After the conference play in the west, the next game GW or FC will have to play PM in a must win game to advance. I think anything can happen with those teams. Maybe even Galax in the mix instead of FC?? One of these 3 teams wont be advancing after that game. Also I am surprised my Riverheads girls are not on your radar.... We will know soon I guess.
Where do you see Riverheads finishing? I fixed it for you, sorry didn't understand the format, one team per conference, Luray may be the team from conference 44

Last edited:
Thank you for your picks but strongly advise people to not count out Appomattox Regional Governors School. Their record does not show how good they really are. They could very easily win their regional quarterfinals in dominant fashion as well as the semi's.

I look for Surry and ARGS to come out of that conference, Mathews and Cumberland from their conference, Riverheads and Altavista out of their conference and Colonial Beach and either Essex or Rappahannock from the Rappahannock River Conference

I look for Surry and ARGS to come out of that conference, Mathews and Cumberland from their conference, Riverheads and Altavista out of their conference and Colonial Beach and either Essex or Rappahannock from the Rappahannock River Conference
Is it set up where only one team per conference can make the state tournament?

GW nor Fort Chiswell would have to play PM in the first round of regionals.

GW nor Fort Chiswell would have to play PM in the first round of regionals.

First of all I've been missing in action since the beat down that GW gave us . I was in shock. I actually think it's a good thing because it seems the entire board and community have written FC off. I'm here to tell you our girls are top four in the state.

Second this entire thread is confusing me. I thought I understood the format and lay out moving forward but now I'm confused

At this point I can tell you this . We play our conference out this coming week. I expect for it to come down to FC vs GW for the conference title. Winner will host first round of region quarters at home. Loser will travel to what I expect to be PM. Irregardless of the lack of respect here the past few weeks I love our chances of moving onto region semis. Either that be 1 seed or 2 seed. I think FC would be heavy favorites in both cases.

2K4's 1A Girls Basketball Rankings 2/8/2017
1. Surry County
2. Parry McCluer

3. George Wythe
4. Colonial Beach
5. Honaker

6. JI Burton
7. Mathews
8 Riverheads
9.Fort Chiswell
10.Essex

My final season rankings. Those are my 8 picks for State.

FORT Chiswell is to low on your list. We finished top 4 in the state last year and basically have everyone back. The girls are heating up and ready to make a run.

First of all I've been missing in action since the beat down that GW gave us . I was in shock. I actually think it's a good thing because it seems the entire board and community have written FC off. I'm here to tell you our girls are top four in the state.

Second this entire thread is confusing me. I thought I understood the format and lay out moving forward but now I'm confused

At this point I can tell you this . We play our conference out this coming week. I expect for it to come down to FC vs GW for the conference title. Winner will host first round of region quarters at home. Loser will travel to what I expect to be PM. Irregardless of the lack of respect here the past few weeks I love our chances of moving onto region semis. Either that be 1 seed or 2 seed. I think FC would be heavy favorites in both cases.
yeah I have been confused also, I know four teams from west go to state, but how are they determined. I thought the top two teams from each conference went to regionals.
and the top four from regional went to state. Why does FC or GW play PM in first round instead of eastside or rye cove for say?

The 4 teams that advance to the Regional Semifinals automatically advances to the State Quarterfinals. The two that makes it to the Regional Championship will be seemed #1(winner) #2 (loser). In the Regional Consolation game #3 (winner) #4 (loser) will be seeded as such.

Reactions: 2kings4
WEST.................EAST
1.Parry McCluer 23-1 RS......................1.Surry Co. ...7.364
2.George Wythe 20-1 RS......................2. Colonial Beach.. 6.9
3.Eastside 15-8 RS...............................3 .Cumberland ..5.85
4.Honaker 17-8 RS...............................4. Riverheads.. 5.773
5.Fort Chiswell 18-4 .............................5 .Mathews ..5.75
6.Narrows 18-6......................................6. Essex.. 5.5
7.Rye Cove 17-6................... ..... .........7.ARG&T.. 5.2
8.PH 11-10 or.................................,......8.Luray..3.818
...Northwood 8-15
RS Regular Season Conference Winner! Teams still in contention for state title.

I Still Don't See Why Fort Chiswell would play PM?
.....WEST..................................EAST...
1.Parry McCluer 23-1*..........................1.Surry Co.7.364
8.Patrick Henry 11-10............................8.Luray..3.818
4.Eastside 15-8*.....................................4.Riverheads..5.773
5.Fort Chiswell 18-4..............................5.Mathews..5.75
3.Honaker 17-8*.....................................3.Cumberland.5.85
6.Narrows 18-6............................... .......6.Essex..5.5
2.George Wythe 20-3*............................2.Colonial Beach.6.9
7.Rye Cove 17-6................................... ..7.ARG&T..5.2

....This is how I think they should be seeded.....

I Still Don't See Why Fort Chiswell would play PM?
.....WEST..................................EAST...
1.Parry McCluer 23-1*..........................1.Surry Co.7.364
8.Patrick Henry 11-10............................8.Luray..3.818
4.Eastside 15-8*.....................................4.Riverheads..5.773
5.Fort Chiswell 18-4..............................5.Mathews..5.75
3.Honaker 17-8*.....................................3.Cumberland.5.85
6.Narrows 18-6............................... .......6.Essex..5.5
2.George Wythe 20-3*............................2.Colonial Beach.6.9
7.Rye Cove 17-6................................... ..7.ARG&T..5.2

....This is how I think they should be seeded.....
They have predetermine brackets so Fort will play either Narrows or Parry McCluer. They don't rank them but conference are match up base geography

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT