ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NOVA Pick'Em Week #5

falcettik

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 3, 2004
I am thinking this week will see a bunch of lopsided games and it is going to get ugly for some teams. I long for the days when the disparity was not so great. Will the better teams give their subs ample opportunities?

Champe @ Unity Reed (-4)
Osbourn @ Battlefield (-17)
West Springfield (-20) @ Hayfield
Mount Vernon @ West Potomac (-7)
Marshall @ Chantilly (-20)
Yorktown @ Westfield (-18)
Wakefield @ Washington-Liberty (-3)
Fairfax (-20) @ Falls Church
Lake Braddock (-27) @ Annandale
CORRECTION: Robinson (-49) @ Edison (NOT Annandale)

Last edited:
Champe
Battlefield (-17)
West Springfield (-20)
West Potomac (-7)
Chantilly (-20)
Westfield (-18)
Wakefield
Fairfax (-20)
Lake Braddock (-27)
Robinson (-49)

Unity Reed (-4)
Battlefield (-17)
West Springfield (-20)
West Potomac (-7)
Chantilly (-20)
Westfield (-18)
Wakefield
Fairfax (-20)
Lake Braddock (-27)
Edison

Champe
Battlefield
West Springfield
West Potomac
Chantilly
Westfield
Washington-Liberty
Fairfax
Lake Braddock
Robinson

Unity Reed
Battlefield
Hayfield
West Potomac
Marshall
Westfield
Wakefield
Fairfax
Lake Braddock
Edison

Champe (+4)
@ Battlefield (-17)
West Springfield (-20)
@ West Potomac (-7)
@ Chantilly (-20)
@ Westfield (-18)
Wakefield
(+3)
Fairfax (-20)
Lake Braddock (-27)
@ Edison
(+49)

Champe
Battlefield
West Springfield
West Potomac
Chantilly
Westfield
Wakefield
Fairfax
Lake Braddock
Edison

Unity Reed (-4)
Battlefield (-17)
Hayfield
West Potomac (-7)
Marshall
Yorktown
Washington-Liberty (-3)
Fairfax (-20)
Lake Braddock (-27)
Robinson (-49)

I like these picks!
I "liked" your response, but I know you are saying that cause I have the same picks-just came out that way. After posting the games with a spread, I deliberately wait several days then make my picks. Even then, since I created the spreads, it is hard because for the vast majority of these games the winner is usually very obvious-but is the spread correct?

falcettik First off your efforts are greatly appreciated. Yes I do make comments and "likes" that are sarcastic, but I do assure you that this is all for fun. The sad but true fact is that it does seem as HS football is in a big decline and that concerns me. This sight and your efforts and write ups are a welcome distraction from the shit-show the last few years have been. I also understand what you are saying when you make the line and second-guess yourself. DONT, we all have the same chance. If anyone thinks a line is way off, jump on it and take the easy win.

Anyway thanks again!

Reactions: falcettik
falcettik First off your efforts are greatly appreciated. Yes I do make comments and "likes" that are sarcastic, but I do assure you that this is all for fun. The sad but true fact is that it does seem as HS football is in a big decline and that concerns me. This sight and your efforts and write ups are a welcome distraction from the shit-show the last few years have been. I also understand what you are saying when you make the line and second-guess yourself. DONT, we all have the same chance. If anyone thinks a line is way off, jump on it and take the easy win.

Anyway thanks again!
Absolutely no offense taken-I did take it as sarcasm. And if I cannot laugh at myself, who can I laugh at? Glad you are participating-wish we had a few more!

And yes, the level of football is in serious decline for a lot of reasons. Some have been discussed on this site in the past. But I will still keep going to the games!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT