ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NOVA+ Pick'em Week 2 Results

falcettik

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 3, 2004
UPDATED RESULTS-I had an incorrect score for Hayfield vs Wakefield, as Hayfield won 35-14. Below are the CORRECTED results.

Congratulations to RedNeck, PhoenixHS, and OnlyVA who each got eight correct this week.

Below are this week's corrected standings, followed by the corrected season totals.

Week #2 (Updated)
RedNeck - 8
OnlyVA - 8
PhoenixHS - 8
falcettik - 7
SPL311U - 7
SV-Viking4 - 7
TidePride01 - 7
OCBoy - 6
otnorot - 6
540Athletes - 5
woodlayer#952002 - 5
tylerrossfc10 - 4

Season (Updated)
PhoenixHS - 15
OnlyVA - 14
SPL311U - 14
otnorot - 13
TidePride01 - 13
540Athletes - 12
falcettik - 12
RedNeck - 12
SV-Viking4 - 12
OCBoy - 11
woodlayer#952002 - 11
tylerrossfc10 - 10

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Neck
What was the actual score of the Hayfield-Wakefield game? MaxPreps has it as 55-13 Hayfield but Hudl says 35-14. It's not up on NFHS and last tweet from Hayfield account says they were up 28-14 in the 4th.

What was the actual score of the Hayfield-Wakefield game? MaxPreps has it as 55-13 Hayfield but Hudl says 35-14. It's not up on NFHS and last tweet from Hayfield account says they were up 28-14 in the 4th.
That is an issue. I looked for two days until I stumbled across the 55-13 score on MaxPreps. Since that was the only one I could find I went with that one, but as we all know, that is certainly not a 100% sure report.

With the spread as it was, the two scores you mention will make a difference. I also noticed Matt does not have any score in his list on this site.

If I am wrong and someone can confirm what the correct score is I will adjust if necessary. I found it strange that I could not find the score anywhere for so long. Twitter (I do not have an account with Twitter) did say Hayfield won but did not have any score that I saw.

EDIT: I just saw some sort of page (https://www.hayfieldfootball.com/region-schedule.html) that appears to be something Hayfield maintains. It does have Hayfield winning 35-14. Can anyone else confirm (only so that I don't update the standings and then have to change it back again)? Thanks for your patience, otnorot, since you are the one affected.

EDIT 2: Even the official VHSL list is missing this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: otnorot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT