ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Regional Games to Watch

May 14, 2024
As we are seeing more and more schools releasing their 2024-25 schedules, what regional games are yall most looking forward to?

Mine are:

Eastern View @ Huguenot

Great early season matchup with what I’m guessing will be the losers only or first of 2 losses. Winner will hold the head to head come the final point rating

Varina @ Henrico

Don’t laugh at me for this one but I believe that Henrico will be very much improved in year 2 of their new staff. Could be a good mid season test for the blue devils

Eastern View @ King George

One regular season loss between the 2 teams last year could be the same this year. I imagine the winner of this game will be the highest seeded non 804 team in 4B

Honorable Mention:

Phoebus @ Highland Springs

I know this isn’t a regional matchup but as a 804 guy I’m excited about seeing a team that one of our teams could possibly see later come to town

As we are seeing more and more schools releasing their 2024-25 schedules, what regional games are yall most looking forward to?

Mine are:

Eastern View @ Huguenot

Great early season matchup with what I’m guessing will be the losers only or first of 2 losses. Winner will hold the head to head come the final point rating

Varina @ Henrico

Don’t laugh at me for this one but I believe that Henrico will be very much improved in year 2 of their new staff. Could be a good mid season test for the blue devils

Eastern View @ King George

One regular season loss between the 2 teams last year could be the same this year. I imagine the winner of this game will be the highest seeded non 804 team in 4B

Honorable Mention:

Phoebus @ Highland Springs

I know this isn’t a regional matchup but as a 804 guy I’m excited about seeing a team that one of our teams could possibly see later come to town
For me I'm most curious to see...

Huguenot v. Powhatan... met twice last season and both were great games. Lot of talent returning to both teams.

LC Bird v. Huguenot... QB Jason Wright v. his old team with a revamped Skyhawks team. LC Bird v. Huguenot in the 90's was must-see and this season should bring that back.

Varina v. Glen Allen... two teams who met last season... Varina had to comeback in this contest and both are expected to be better this season. Could be a classic.

For me I'm most curious to see...

Huguenot v. Powhatan... met twice last season and both were great games. Lot of talent returning to both teams.

LC Bird v. Huguenot... QB Jason Wright v. his old team with a revamped Skyhawks team. LC Bird v. Huguenot in the 90's was must-see and this season should bring that back.

Varina v. Glen Allen... two teams who met last season... Varina had to comeback in this contest and both are expected to be better this season. Could be a classic.
Those are good ones too! If I’m not mistaken both games Huguenot vs Powhatan were home games for the falcons. Interesting to see how they fair on the road in this match up.

Huguenot vs Bird was another good defensive struggle that I was able to see last season. I’m sure Wright will be fired up for that one.

Love the Glen Allen hire this offseason as well!

Those are good ones too! If I’m not mistaken both games Huguenot vs Powhatan were home games for the falcons. Interesting to see how they fair on the road in this match up.

Huguenot vs Bird was another good defensive struggle that I was able to see last season. I’m sure Wright will be fired up for that one.

Love the Glen Allen hire this offseason as well!
Dinwiddie v. Maruy should be a tough game. Great test to see were they stand.

All games listed above will be must see TV.

Herm vs Highland Springs is a big sleeper in the 804 this year. Herm has quietly added some very good pieces.

Reactions: Jhollan1
I wanna see what the hype is up 95 this fall. If I’m not mistaken, Hayfield plays South County. Don’t see them beating the Springers in December.

Reactions: Jhollan1
Also how about Class 5, Region C?

Bird is loaded. The Dominion is hands down the toughest district in the state. Manchester, Huguenot, Bird, Powhatan and I wouldn’t count out Cosby to play spoiler.

Herm could’ve won 5C last year as young as they were. They’ll be legit this year. They’ll play @Oscar Smith, @Varina, Glen Allen, and have the matchup with the Springers late in the year. I’m high on the Panthers this fall.

Matoaca will be everyone’s favorite and they are the defending regional champs for a reason. They’ll have some very tough matchups with Dinwiddie, Dale, Hopewell and Prince George, another team to keep an eye on in this region.

Fleming upset Louisa, Freeman and was the region runner up. They were very very young last year and will have some tough matchups with Salem, Botty and PH Roanoke.

Hard to count out Louisa. They were extremely young last year but hard to gauge them as their schedule has been weaker. Still believe they have the team to beat all teams listed above come playoff time.

Earl Kinney and his Godwin Eagles should have a say this year too. They’ll play Herm, Glen Allen, PH Ashland and Freeman (who should make the final 8 for 5C).

Bird has been one-dimensional on offense the past couple of years. That should change with this year's team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT