ADVERTISEMENT

5A At This Point...

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
It looks like Albemarle, Bird and Potomac are the favorites so far. Godwin has proven themselves as a very capable team this year. Hampton is in the mix as well. Varina, Bethel, Henrico, Green Run and Salem are also very capable, so those 10 teams seem like the top to me. Halifax County has been a surprise this year, as has Stafford. I think Patrick Henry-Roanoke is a team to watch too, they have wins over EC Glass, Hidden Valley, Franklin County, Cave Spring, and William Fleming. Albemarle and Potomac will battle it out in the north, and that will be fun to watch, seeing how Potomac has beaten Albemarle in the playoffs 3 times in the last 2 years. As far as the south goes, it looks like it's going to be chaos. Bird seems like the best team as of now, but you never know. Godwin beat Henrico already and their only losses are to John Marshall and Western Albemarle, the #1 and #3 teams in 3A. Hampton will be battle-tested, and will not be easy to beat. It should be very interesting come playoff time.

It looks like Albemarle, Bird and Potomac are the favorites so far. Godwin has proven themselves as a very capable team this year. Hampton is in the mix as well. Varina, Bethel, Henrico, Green Run and Salem are also very capable, so those 10 teams seem like the top to me. Halifax County has been a surprise this year, as has Stafford. I think Patrick Henry-Roanoke is a team to watch too, they have wins over EC Glass, Hidden Valley, Franklin County, Cave Spring, and William Fleming. Albemarle and Potomac will battle it out in the north, and that will be fun to watch, seeing how Potomac has beaten Albemarle in the playoffs 3 times in the last 2 years. As far as the south goes, it looks like it's going to be chaos. Bird seems like the best team as of now, but you never know. Godwin beat Henrico already and their only losses are to John Marshall and Western Albemarle, the #1 and #3 teams in 3A. Hampton will be battle-tested, and will not be easy to beat. It should be very interesting come playoff time.
Bethel beat Hampton to death last night and should have won the first meeting with them (went to OT).

Potomac and Albermarle lost to Norcom and Granby in teh VA Preps Classic respectfully.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT