ADVERTISEMENT

A joke circus!

Mar 14, 2011
Lakeside
If you love a program where their school’s administrators stand on the sideline, and taunt the opponent. If you love a program where the players openly curse their coaches. If you love a program where the arrogant individual head coach needs YouTube videos made about himself. Then FREEDOM HS FOOTBALL is for you. Not impressed with that rec. ball recruited player joke show!

Honestly, I thought Freedom would beat Varina by at least 3 tds but I questioned how they would match up against teams that were as athletic as they were. Varina got punched in the mouth early but tightened up on defense and put the ball in their playmaker hands in the 2nd half and Freedom looked out of sorts.

Reactions: springer76
Honestly, I thought Freedom would beat Varina by at least 3 tds but I questioned how they would match up against teams that were as athletic as they were. Varina got punched in the mouth early but tightened up on defense and put the ball in their playmaker hands in the 2nd half and Freedom looked out of sorts.
I thought Freedom was going to steam roll Varina. I was at the the game. Varina struggled mightly on offense in the 1st half. It was 27-7 (Freedom) at the half. At first sight, I was shocked at how few football players Freedom had on the field warming up! When Freedom had 11 on the field, there were only maybe 15-20 more dressed on the sideline. First thought was, gosh!!, the can't be very deep! Varina had many more kids dressed. If Freedom has depth issues like that, they won't stand a chance against teams like Highland Springs. If Freedom goes through an injury bug, they are sunk! They'd better hope that qb and and starting rb don't get injured!!! They be mediocre quick, fast and in a hurry!

Last edited:
I thought Freedom was going to steam roll Varina. I was at the the game. Varina struggled mightly on offense in the 1st half. It was 27-7 (Freedom) at the half. I left and went home. I was shocked to see the final score... sort of. At first sight, I was shocked at how few football players Freedom had on the field warming up! When Freedom had 11 on the field, there were only maybe 15-20 more dressed on the sideline. First thought was, gosh!!, the can't be very deep! Varina had many more kids dressed. If Freedom has depth issues like that, they won't stand a chance against teams like Highland Springs. If Freedom goes through an injury bug, they are sunk! They'd better hope that qb and and starting rb don't get injured!!! They be mediocre quick, fast and in a hurry!
Not only that, their lack of depth showed in the 2nd half because Varina front 4 started getting easy penetration against Freedom O line. If they thought they had issues with Varina front 4, HSHS front 7 are nasty.

Not only that, their lack of depth showed in the 2nd half because Varina front 4 started getting easy penetration against Freedom O line. If they thought they had issues with Varina front 4, HSHS front 7 are nasty.
We should have a dandy at Kreiter Stadium tonight! Class 6 #2 vs #4

I thought Freedom was going to steam roll Varina. I was at the the game. Varina struggled mightly on offense in the 1st half. It was 27-7 (Freedom) at the half. At first sight, I was shocked at how few football players Freedom had on the field warming up! When Freedom had 11 on the field, there were only maybe 15-20 more dressed on the sideline. First thought was, gosh!!, the can't be very deep! Varina had many more kids dressed. If Freedom has depth issues like that, they won't stand a chance against teams like Highland Springs. If Freedom goes through an injury bug, they are sunk! They'd better hope that qb and and starting rb don't get injured!!! They be mediocre quick, fast and in a hurry!
I was there my friend. I love the heart Varina showed to not give up even down 27-7, that said... this Freedom team is not the same Freedom team I saw against Madison in the state championship in December. Last seasons team would not have allowed Varina to win the second half... Still a long season ahead but Freedom is not unbeatable.

Idk if I’d put Manchester at #4. That being said, if we’re worried about depth against the Springers, we’ll get a good indication by looking at the Dematha-freedom 4th quarter next week. Excited to be at that game.
After seeing them last night, I think #4 is a good spot for them! Better than I was expecting!

Reactions: PhoenixHS
Sounds like your kid or someone you know was on the other end of a tail whipping. No way someone is this hurt over kids playing football at a high level.

Sounds like your kid or someone you know was on the other end of a tail whipping. No way someone is this hurt over kids playing football at a high level.
1 score is not a tail whipping! As a matter of fact,it looks like the losing team did all the whipping in the second half. Maybe class should be taught on one sideline!

Man! I COMPLETELY forgot about those power points and WINS they give out for second half ALMOST comebacks!!! Too bad two halves have to be played……u might wanna go teach Varina that! LOL…..

Man! I COMPLETELY forgot about those power points and WINS they give out for second half ALMOST comebacks!!! Too bad two halves have to be played……u might wanna go teach Varina that! LOL…..
You might want to teach Freedom something before they take ars whooping against Dematha this weekend. Remember, at the end of the season,there’s a team ranked just as high as Dematha, waiting on Freedom‘s lack of depth and class. Both of those teams have far more talent and depth than freedom, and they’re not two divisions down. 🤫🤫🤫

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT