ADVERTISEMENT

ALTAVISTA vs. HONAKER

Yeah they aren't to bad in size the big men average 6'3 but the shorter ones are not far behind and what the lack in size they have in speed

Last edited:
Should be a good game or hopefully it is anyway. Looks like these 2 schools need to get comfortable playing each other at the state level. From a Honaker fan I've enjoyed watching the competition against the colonials. Although it hasn't never turned out in our favor.

What happened to Honaker bravesfan? I certainly expected them to lose last weekend, but not to Eastside. I was expecting them to beat Eastside rather soundly then lose to Radford.

We been hearing don't know how true it is Honaker lost the last two games on purpose so they wouldn't have to play radford until state championship game . Or the teams they played are really week to start 20-0

We been hearing don't know how true it is Honaker lost the last two games on purpose so they wouldn't have to play radford until state championship game . Or the teams they played are really week to start 20-0

Well, that's poppycock. Why would Honaker lose on purpose and miss out on a "home" game against a much easier team and instead go to Salem like they did and play the two time defending state champs?

I can promise you without a doubt there is no way Honaker athletics would throw a game to avoid anyone. They are not scared of Radford. Havok plain and simple Honaker played uninspired basketball for about 2 1/2 qrts and Eastside simply shot the lights out. They went 22-29 from inside the arc. Eastside played there best game of the year and Honaker didnt. Same thing the next day with GW Honaker played terrible for the first 3 qrts and then tried to rally in the 4th. I think the "cupcake" schedule had a lot to do with the bad showing in the region tourney. You simply can't get away with the mistakes against good teams that you can against Honakers schedule.

Ridgeview led them the entire game except for the final minute and we didn't get out of the first round of our conference tournament. But then again, Gate City only beat them by 4 in a benefit game. I wish Honaker luck and hope to see them in Richmond but it will be a tall order to get past Altavista.

He bravesfan someone got offended by a typo. Smdh. I love the world we live in! Ok that does it, now I'm offended too. Honaker was 27-0 aganist scrub teams not 20-0.

I expect it to be a close game anything can happen this time of the year ! Good luck to both teams !!

I have seen 3 different game times for this game:

12:00
12;15
12:45

I don't think anyone knows .

I will be there for boy's game. Probably skip out on girl's game. Return for Radford and Martinsville games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT