ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst schedule

LCA, Glass, Heritage, and Bville in five weeks, that's going to be rough.

@lyhsports, @wikki, @VolNation85 who will be the favorite in the Seminole this season? I think Amherst will be improved, but getting more than 6 wins in the regular season will be tough.
In terms of THE favorite, I have to go with Heritage. The Brad Bradley factor. Best coach in the Seminole since Woody is gone. The lost some guys, but their defense will still be great. Who’s the next RB though is the question. My bet is they throw the ball more.

LCA has Gideon, so that will keep them in the race. Usually their 1’s are good, but they lack depth. If they stay healthy they’ll be in it.

On paper I would say Glass is the favorite, but the jury is still out on the coaching. I feel like they will pick up where they left off. Just have to see though. Bring back lots of talent. QB situation will tell the story. Losing George is big.

Brookville has some studs, if they could put together a season like they did in the Covid year, they’ll be tough. They’re always tough.

I’m expecting Rustburg to be in a lot of games this year more than last. They’ve got a good group over there

Amherst is the deepest, and once they put it all together, they’ll be very good.

It’s between the top 4 though, Heritage, Glass , Brookville, LCA. My heart says Glass, but my mind says Heritage or LCA.

Last edited:
@lyhsports, @wikki, @VolNation85 who will be the favorite in the Seminole this season? I think Amherst will be improved, but getting more than 6 wins in the regular season will be tough.
This is how the district looked last year:

1. Heritage 12-3 (Lost to Dinwiddie, LCA, Phoebus)
1. Glass 12-2 (Lost to Heritage, Kettle Run)
1. LCA 11-2 (Lost to Glass, Heritage²)
4. Brookville 8-4 (Lost to above teams, Heritage²)
5. Amherst 7-5 (Lost to above teams, Glass²)
6. Rustburg 5-6 (Lost to above teams, Heritage²)
7. JF 4-7 (Lost to above teams, Glass²)

If I had to put money on it I'd say:

1. Heritage, 2. LCA, 3. Glass, 4. Brookville, 5. Amherst

So not much change really. Brookville and Amherst may be closer to the upper echelon this year, but I still see a gap between the Top 3 and the next 2. I could see Rustburg & JF mixing it up to contend for 4-5, but I don't think they'll contend for the top of the district. This is just my opinion, but I'd love to see some upsets. The Seminole is all about depth- bigger schools usually have more endurance at the end of games and at the end of the season. JF is a bit of an exception to this.

There is wayyyyyy more of a gap here between Amherst and the top 4 of the Seminole than some want to be realistic about here. Where's the improvement coming from? They were 6-4 last year, where's 7, 8, 9+ wins coming from since they lost, by 2+ scores, to all of the above teams? Mecklenberg Co won't be any different, Harrisonburg is as hapless as Blacksburg, none of that changes and since hope springs eternal here, GW is better (?) than last year so that one could just as easily end up in the loss column. Quite frankly, given how the Rustburg game ended last year, I'm not sure I like finishing the LCA/Glass/Heritage/Bville gauntlet then immediately heading on the road to Rustburg the following week.

I just don't see a 6-4 regular season (at best) not happening again.

Last edited:
I do want to see Amherst back, they may be a year away? The Lancers being a Top 4 team in Reg D will really make the Region so much better as a whole.
I’m more confident this year. I know what the players are doing and their attitudes is far better. They’re really excited and pumped

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I’m scratching my head. Amherst was young last year? Glass was senior heavy and had the best QB west of Richmond. Amherst lost to Heritage & Brookville by 2 scores, and only got blown out by LCA and Glass (in the playoffs). For a team that will get back their starting QB & RB plus all the other younger guys, they won’t finish 7-3 or better? I’m not buying it. Brookville, Glass and Heritage all take a step back this year. LCA is always a wildcard and has the best player in the district so I give them the benefit of the doubt. I see Amherst being a lot better than you all give them credit for.

Reactions: wikki and MrSir#5
I’m scratching my head. Amherst was young last year? Glass was senior heavy and had the best QB west of Richmond. Amherst lost to Heritage & Brookville by 2 scores, and only got blown out by LCA and Glass (in the playoffs). For a team that will get back their starting QB & RB plus all the other younger guys, they won’t finish 7-3 or better? I’m not buying it. Brookville, Glass and Heritage all take a step back this year. LCA is always a wildcard and has the best player in the district so I give them the benefit of the doubt. I see Amherst being a lot better than you all give them credit for.
Doesn’t a new coach and new system have to be put in place ? If so, that should account for some growing pains .

Doesn’t a new coach and new system have to be put in place ? If so, that should account for some growing pains .
They’ll get some transfers in plus some kids who didn’t play last year. I’m not expecting them to be a top 10 C4 team but I think they’ll challenge and potentially be a top 5 4D team.

So not much change really. Brookville and Amherst may be closer to the upper echelon this year, but I still see a gap between the Top 3 and the next 2. I could see Rustburg & JF mixing it up to contend for 4-5, but I don't think they'll contend for the top of the district. This is just my opinion, but I'd love to see some upsets. The Seminole is all about depth- bigger schools usually have more endurance at the end of games and at the end of the season. JF is a bit of an exception to this.
I agree with everything here but I would flip LCA and Heritage.

@BoKnowsSports, for the Lancer faithful I hope you are correct. God knows they have stuck by their team through poor seasons and coaching changes. I trust your judgement, but I respect the opinions of @VolNation85, @mike salem and @lyhsports as well. They all have Amherst finishing outside of the top four which would mean a 6-4 finish at best. I totally agree on the Lancers being a 4-6 seed in Region D.

I honestly think Region D with it's new additions from Region C will be a highly competitive region in the playoffs. Salem is likely to be the top team; however, there will be some dog fights mixed in. @Scalvinscaliwag, how good will Handley, Sherando, Millbrook, and Liberty be?

Reactions: BoKnowsSports

Agree but I see Amherst closer to Rustburg than the top 4 for this year.

I think they will be better than people think

@BoKnowsSports, for the Lancer faithful I hope you are correct. God knows they have stuck by their team through poor seasons and coaching changes. I trust your judgement, but I respect the opinions of @VolNation85, @mike salem and @lyhsports as well. They all have Amherst finishing outside of the top four which would mean a 6-4 finish at best. I totally agree on the Lancers being a 4-6 seed in Region D.

I honestly think Region D with it's new additions from Region C will be a highly competitive region in the playoffs. Salem is likely to be the top team; however, there will be some dog fights mixed in. @Scalvinscaliwag, how good will Handley, Sherando, Millbrook, and Liberty be?
Sherando should be pretty good ,and challenge for the district title. Schedule favors them with the new district alignment, could see them being any where between8-2 or even 10-0. No more Martinsburg on the schedule, although tough to beat was sad to see that game go away. Millbrook I am not sure about but should be solid. They always have some athletes . , Handley has the new (former Sherando coach) , he has work to do there, .. Liberty most likely will be good as always, I don’t know the ins and outs like I used to of all the teams besides Sherando. Like I used to.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
They are still in the Seminole, but they're outnumbered and unfortunately didn't win a game last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT