ADVERTISEMENT

Are we writing off Tuscarora too soon?

GilliamRatings

VaPreps All State
Jun 5, 2001
Orange, Virginia
These guys were 14-1 and favored to win the state title last year, and probably would have if they could have kept their players from injuries in the finals last year.

I see a lot of lists of the best teams that leaves them off. I don't buy that they'll be down much. I know Reimers was fantastic, but you don't gain 3000 yards rushing behind a bunch of nobodies on the offensive line.

I have already noted they have a beastly schedule and they should be crazily battle-tested come playoff time.

Anyone in the know about the team, that can help me decide what I should expect?

You should expect them to be very strong, and in contention for the 5A North Championship again. Their QB Daniel Smith is the real deal, and there is young talent in the program. Defensively, they have the best secondary in the region, all returning from last year. In addition, they have had several transfers from Virginia Academy that will make a big impact. Burnett is a great coach, and they will be stout. They are the favorite in the Potomac without a doubt.

These guys were 14-1 and favored to win the state title last year, and probably would have if they could have kept their players from injuries in the finals last year.

I see a lot of lists of the best teams that leaves them off. I don't buy that they'll be down much. I know Reimers was fantastic, but you don't gain 3000 yards rushing behind a bunch of nobodies on the offensive line.

I have already noted they have a beastly schedule and they should be crazily battle-tested come playoff time.

Anyone in the know about the team, that can help me decide what I should expect?

You cannot write off Tuscarora. Neither can you write off Stone Bridge, Broad Run or Briar Woods. All these schools have at most 3 "gimmes" in 2015. We will have to see how each program performs under the pressure of facing a quality opponent 2, 3, 4 weeks in a row. This a new paradigm for all of them. If one of these schools to get to a championship game, they might have finished the regular season 7-3. Watch for the team that gets hot in the last 4 weeks.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I will confirm the Tusc. QB is the real deal. Spins the ball very well , and solid at decision making. I am not sure about graduation losses across that massive O-Line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT